Do you wear a seatbelt? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 398 81.1%
  • No, never

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Depends (please post what it depends on)

Votes: 64 13.0%

• Total voters
I typed up about 10 reply's to this and decided to delete them so I don't get banned.

Suffice to say, I don't agree with either of you in the slightest...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Being in the Army it's a requirement to wear seatbelts. In fact if I was to die in a car accident and I was NOT wearing my seatbelt my life insurance WOULDN'T pay. So to make thing easier for the sake of freak accidents I wear mine.

On another hand, my wife has a hard time wearing one, because by not wearing one, she is still alive. It was a foggy Kansas morning in 1999, and she'd stopped at a corner store to get a coke. She simply forgot to put it back on after getting in the car. At a traffic light her light turned green, and she made it halfway into the intersection and got T-boned in the drivers door by a silverado at 65mph. The driver couldn't see the traffic light for the fog. Fortunately my wife was driving a Dodge Mirada (all steel car), and that saved her life. She was in a wheelchair for a year, and after numerous physical therapy visits, was able to walk again after being told she wouldn't.

I have to fuss at her sometimes to wear it, but I do understand why it's a struggle for her. Long story short, I guess it can go either way, but for the most part seatbelts do save lives. However, if it's your time to go, seatbelt or not, it's your time to go.

This accident happened long before I knew her (met my wife in 2007), however around the same time in 1999 I had a vision of someone close to me was going to be in a serious car accident in the driver side on a foggy morning (freaky or something else). You can call it what you will. I believe in GOD, and I'll just leave it to the something else beyond my control.

Well considering the fact that I have insurance that I pay for and have never been injured in any of the accidents I have been involved in don't worry about having to spend any of you money for my insurance. That is unless you are the one that hits me and then seat belt or not I intend to collect as much as I can.

<hopping on soapbox>You might not be so fortunate to collect much if you aren't wearing a seat belt. You are breaking the law and if you sustain injuries greater than if you would have worn a seat belt, I doubt you will see much cash. I had not been in an accident for 33 years and last summer totaled my Mountaineer. I would have likely been killed had I not been wearing a seat belt. You might think you are divinely protected, or invincible, but you are not and all it takes is one good accident to kill you or give you permanent injuries that makes life as you know it, over. Doing things that are as simple as wearing a seat belt is not only for yourself. If you become gravely injured then it is your friends and family that will be inconvenienced and have to change their lives to cater to you because you didn't want to wear a seat belt. If you don't want to do it for yourself then do it for the people that will have to pick up the pieces of your life, and their life, should you be severely injured.<hopping off soapbox>

<hopping on soapbox> If you become gravely injured then it is your friends and family that will be inconvenienced and have to change their lives to cater to you because you didn't want to wear a seat belt. If you don't want to do it for yourself then do it for the people that will have to pick up the pieces of your life, and their life, should you be severely injured.<hopping off soapbox>

Well said!

Well considering the fact that I have insurance that I pay for and have never been injured in any of the accidents I have been involved in don't worry about having to spend any of you money for my insurance. That is unless you are the one that hits me and then seat belt or not I intend to collect as much as I can.

Until you do get seriously injured and expect to collect disability, then I am paying for your Social Security check because your greedy ass wanted to maximize your injuries just so you could collect more when someone hits you. Plus, if you do receive any injuries, that costs insurance companies more, which means higher rates for everyone to spread out the cost.

By the way, if you are ever in a serious accident and don't buckle up, your insurance won't pay your medical. Take it from me, I was in a VERY bad car accident 8 years ago that required 3 years of physical therapy and regular chiropractor visits. I had to get the photos the cops took of the bruise across my chest and waist from my seatbelt to show in court when we sued the other insurance company to get my medical paid for.

Had to put depends if I'm driving some were ie my wheels hit pavement or I'm wheeling my seat belt is on as well as everyone else riding with me . how every if I'm driving in the yard loading wood moving tools ect I leave it off.

< If you become gravely injured then it is your friends and family that will be inconvenienced and have to change their lives to cater to you because you didn't want to wear a seat belt. If you don't want to do it for yourself then do it for the people that will have to pick up the pieces of your life, and their life, should you be severely injured.<hopping off soapbox>

+1, extremely well said. I've been wearing mine for 38 years now and tell my son this all the time who refuses to wear them.

LOL I sometimes where my seat belt... But I have the best of both worlds because I am a tow truck operator and I have seen alot of accidents where the seat belt is good thing and a bad thing... This whole post is like if want airbags in your car or not ??? I have both sides to that too and they both have there plus and negatives ...

I wear it on road most of the time, but when im off road going slow over bumps it digs in.

In Jersey is: CLICK IT OR TICKET!!
Wear it everyday.

Well 94Eddie, mr cribb, and FIND, if you want to wear them fine. as for me I work therefore I don't mind if I get a ticket, and please tell me you never break the law (yeah right I thought so) and FIND don't worry about anyone's greedy ass but your own and don't fall off your soapbox because I don't want my social security that I pay into to to go to you for your rant about my personal choices. Now that all the personal attacks are done everyone have a nice day.

I voted "depends" because I hate wearing a seatbelt and besides my truck has airbags. Unfortunately it is highly illeagal in all Australian states to not wear a seatbelt they even have a special taskforce that targets "Evil non seatbelt wearing motorists." You can't ride in the back of trucks or vans at all for any reason. NSW is such a nanny state. I personally try to get away with not wearing a seatbelt as often as I can, unless I'm in a hurry or something like that.

For me, it depends. In any military tactical vehicle, not only do you have to wear a seatbelt, but also you have to wear the combat helmet. If im offroading in the Ex, I wear it. If im driving around town, ill sometimes wear it, long drives on the freeway, i take the thing off. But if i have any easily influenced children in my vehicle, everybody wears it.

Now motorcycles, thats a different story, i prefer to not wear a helmet at all unless i know im going to be pushing the envelope, then its a full face helmet.

I have that belief of when the reaper comes knockin, your going to answer no matter what.

I voted "depends" because I hate wearing a seatbelt and besides my truck has airbags. Unfortunately it is highly illeagal in all Australian states to not wear a seatbelt they even have a special taskforce that targets "Evil non seatbelt wearing motorists." You can't ride in the back of trucks or vans at all for any reason. NSW is such a nanny state. I personally try to get away with not wearing a seatbelt as often as I can, unless I'm in a hurry or something like that.

Seat belts have a primary use just like headlights, and neither is what the public thinks it is.

Seat belts are primarily to keep the driver in the seat, not to save your axx. If you lose control, then you slide out of the proper seated position and chances of saving it are virtually none.

Headlights are primarily for other drivers, and pedestrians, to see you, not for you to see. It does no good to have great visibility of surroundings with no headlights, when you pull out in front of someone who didn't see you. The headlights(all corner lights included), should be on in any non perfect visibility. It also doesn't hurt to have them on all of the time.

Try driving around a low speed autocross course with no seat belts. See how safe that is to do in a controlled environment.

Seat belts have a primary use just like headlights, and neither is what the public thinks it is.

Seat belts are primarily to keep the driver in the seat, not to save your axx. If you lose control, then you slide out of the proper seated position and chances of saving it are virtually none.

Headlights are primarily for other drivers, and pedestrians, to see you, not for you to see. It does no good to have great visibility of surroundings with no headlights, when you pull out in front of someone who didn't see you. The headlights(all corner lights included), should be on in any non perfect visibility. It also doesn't hurt to have them on all of the time.

Try driving around a low speed autocross course with no seat belts. See how safe that is to do in a controlled environment.

The man speaks the truth.

x3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depends : if the vehicle is equipped with them.....

sometimes i ride around on milk crates....

nah im just playing i dont mess with personal safety

still... safety third :D

Back