DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like where you mounted those switches. I want to get a spring mounted 3 way so I will be able to have the controls of a winch inside the cab.

Your explorer is coming along pretty nicely man. I used the same pods as my rock lights. I have 6 rock lights and two reverse lights, same pods. I also converted all of the interior lights to the same bulbs as yours. They really do make a difference. I also converted all the exterior lights to LED as well and had to get a different flasher. LED headlights are wicked bright with brand new lenses. Are the dash bulbs the same as the interior overhead bulbs? I need to replace some dash bulbs bad. In your earlier posts I seen you built your rear packs without overloads. How well do those flex for you? I have 6 leaf packs with overloads and I thought they flexed pretty good for how they're built. Got any good trail flex photos? I really like your build man. Mines similar with a Dana front axle but I built a custom 3 link setup with johny joints. I'll have to make a thread on here and show it off sometime.

So for some updates, We had to figure out brake lines because I remove the factory hardlines. I wanted to run the brake lines like the factory bronco the single center down to the hardlines to the soft outers. We also had to modify the stock brake line bracket by extending it up to clear the Cage radius arms. we also had to grind out the flat spot in the bracket because the new lines were a little larger than the factory brake lines. My good friend at B&M Machine in Lake Isabella California help me get the front and back on the Ex over the last week. I decided to go with brake lines from Crown Performance in California. If you need lines from them speak with Jeff he is very helpful. The hardlines came from Carquest and are easily bent by hand. I decided to keep the factory break proportioner in the truck for now so we made a two into one adapter from the factory proportioner.

49F2793E-3E6A-4A75-A57B-83E80B633A66_zpstip1kult.jpg

A0B71D42-3BB3-4A11-8F28-0CBE15FDAA30_zpstb5bqemd.jpg

51A9FC7D-BE3E-43E6-B3F2-0B42246CD3D1_zpshjqxht7o.jpg

9FBB594E-76D1-41F5-BB87-EBDE934C65C1_zpsmy1v6bgn.jpg

C0AF5919-E380-4D5A-B7D0-2C1495299BE0_zpsizqtake1.jpg

A5588807-787F-42B6-BF10-7CFA40032FF1_zpsk9ghrjks.jpg

The next photos are just progression of the axle being put back in and the install of the F-250 shock towers with Bilstein14 inch 5125 series shocks. We also installed new spindles with the wild horses extreme bushings and a new Warn premium locking hub set. Everything was replaced from seals to u joints and Heim joints.

The next photos are of how we set the front brake lines up. If anyone has questions please ask I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out.

EBCA54C6-6C22-4DF1-BFCB-41780BBA4CE1_zpsc2irgxhf.jpg

52F356D1-4799-4C4C-8711-04776F78CBFD_zpsaivgi9o2.jpg

6A659A46-9858-45EC-97A0-77840433CA6D_zpsfg8kbm6f.jpg

2C2B92F7-37AD-40D3-9602-7652D47581BF_zps4mqfuncn.jpg

E96E9C17-4E92-4D0F-8C0F-D97B0D4E69F5_zpspwx9bdom.jpg

We finished putting the explorer back together Saturday. We took the family out to a local trail in Keysville called tombstone.

very clean build man. looks like she works great on the trail! :thumbsup: I got one question. when I had started my build with a D44, I was told I couldnt use the Ford Knuckles as flat tops for high steer arms. Did you have your passenger side milled and drilled? I went with chevy flat top knuckles instead.

Very nice build sir. How is it holding up so far? Like how you did the brake lines.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very clean build man. looks like she works great on the trail! :thumbsup: I got one question. when I had started my build with a D44, I was told I couldnt use the Ford Knuckles as flat tops for high steer arms. Did you have your passenger side milled and drilled? I went with chevy flat top knuckles instead.

I am using the factory Ford knuckles. The passenger side one was drilled and tapped.

Back