Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got back from a 5900 mile trip with the Ex and have not have been on the forum for awhile. I need to purchase and extended warrenty at a reasonable price. I know this discussion was posted before but I am unable to find the contact information.

I sure would appreciate a contact name and number, looking for the 100,000 mile warrenty. Thanks for all your help.

Jack

Zeigler Ford is the best price you will find. Google their dealership and you can find an on-line quote and pay right there. My quote for my yet to be build 12 Limited is 1030.00 for 7 yr 100k with 100 dollar deductable.

Do you think the dealer you purchased your vehicle from will match it?

My dealer said they couldn't come close and wanted about 1k more (all profit) for less coverage. I'm not sure how Zeigler does it but it seems they are selling them at cost. Thing like this are cash cows for dealers.

I paid $800 for a 5 yr 75k warranty, with a $100 deductible from my dealer.

Zeigler Ford is the best price you will find. Google their dealership and you can find an on-line quote and pay right there. My quote for my yet to be build 12 Limited is 1030.00 for 7 yr 100k with 100 dollar deductable.

Now is that for the best warranty? The one that covers the electronics like MFT and Sync?

While Ford Canada apparently discourages customers from purchasing in the US, I took a look at the extended warranty and after a reasonably careful read (I'd have to read it again) see nothing that stops me from using it if I buy it; just have to use an initial US address.

Need to source the maintenance too if someone has a good source. I didn't see it on Ziegler's site.

Not in Canada Eh!

While Ford Canada apparently discourages customers from purchasing in the US, I took a look at the extended warranty and after a reasonably careful read (I'd have to read it again) see nothing that stops me from using it if I buy it; just have to use an initial US address.

Need to source the maintenance too if someone has a good source. I didn't see it on Ziegler's site.

I'd be careful. I think your wrong on this one.

I'd be careful. I think your wrong on this one.

I will be careful, but if the contract I read online here is the one that I'll end up with (again subject to further review), I note that there is nothing that appears to exclude Canadians, and paragraphs 7(o) to (q) seem to specifically include Canada.

The issue will be more if they sell it to me, but my company has a US PO address to start things if need be, and the fact that arbitration takes place in the US, if required.

Umm, its called National Service Contract Application. It says all States except Florida in big letters at the top. It repeatedly refers to states. I only read it for 30 seconds, but I think its very clear this would not apply to you in Canada, but its your money.

Umm, its called National Service Contract Application. It says all States except Florida in big letters at the top. It repeatedly refers to states. I only read it for 30 seconds, but I think its very clear this would not apply to you in Canada, but its your money.

I'm not going to disagree that the agreement was written from a US perspective, but "State" can mean a national body. Beyond that I can certainly sign a contract in the United States with my US mail drop address.

While I acknowledge repeatedly refers to States, nothing precludes Canada or Canadians (my primary concern), and that makes sense given cars move around.

I can always give Ford Canada an opportunity to meet the pricing, or explain to me how it is that I can't sign a contract in the US that covers a car in Canada.

Anyway - that is my line of thought at the moment.

I got one included in my GEICO insurance policy...I believe it is 7 years and 100000 miles, I don't think there is a deductible. I bought brand new and first owner and they ask me if I wanted mechanical breakdown insurance included and I said yes please. Beats that 1g to 3g from dealers. Anyone else got one of these?

I just looked at the details $47 a year and a 250 deductible. Does that sound good? So $329 for 7 years, that doesn't sound bad at all actually.

"Multi-Risk is a package of coverages that includes Comprehensive, Collision and Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI). MBI coverage protects you from expensive auto repair bills when your car experiences a mechanical failure. MBI is usually much more affordable than the Extended Warranty offered by your car dealership and in some instances offers more protection.

Varying deductibles are available for the Comprehensive and Collision portions of the package; a $250 deductible applies to MBI.

You should add Multi-Risk protection to your policy as soon as possible after the car is purchased. GEICO Multi-Risk can only be added if the vehicle was purchased or leased from the dealer within the last 15 months, has an odometer reading of 15,000 miles or less, and you are the first title holder.

Multi-Risk coverage expires once the vehicle is 7 years old or reaches 100,000 miles, whichever comes first."

I got one included in my GEICO insurance policy...I believe it is 7 years and 100000 miles, I don't think there is a deductible. I bought brand new and first owner and they ask me if I wanted mechanical breakdown insurance included and I said yes please. Beats that 1g to 3g from dealers. Anyone else got one of these?

I just looked at the details $47 a year and a 250 deductible. Does that sound good? So $329 for 7 years, that doesn't sound bad at all actually.

"Multi-Risk is a package of coverages that includes Comprehensive, Collision and Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI). MBI coverage protects you from expensive auto repair bills when your car experiences a mechanical failure. MBI is usually much more affordable than the Extended Warranty offered by your car dealership and in some instances offers more protection.

Varying deductibles are available for the Comprehensive and Collision portions of the package; a $250 deductible applies to MBI.

You should add Multi-Risk protection to your policy as soon as possible after the car is purchased. GEICO Multi-Risk can only be added if the vehicle was purchased or leased from the dealer within the last 15 months, has an odometer reading of 15,000 miles or less, and you are the first title holder.

Multi-Risk coverage expires once the vehicle is 7 years old or reaches 100,000 miles, whichever comes first."

Didnt know Geico offered that because my current ride was purchased used and it didnt apply. Seems to good to be true but I'll take it. I was ready to pay over $1000 bucks for an extended. Nice to know I can pocket that now.

Do you other insurance companies offer this?

Didnt know Geico offered that because my current ride was purchased used and it didnt apply. Seems to good to be true but I'll take it. I was ready to pay over $1000 bucks for an extended. Nice to know I can pocket that now.

Do you other insurance companies offer this?

Not that I'm aware of, doesn't hurt asking you're own insurance company.

Not that I'm aware of, doesn't hurt asking you're own insurance company.[/QUOTE

I already have Geico :thumbsup:

Was just wondering if it was a common offering or Geico specific.

It must have been recently because I wasn't offered it for my 2009 M3 when I got back into country. When I sold my M3 and purchased the Ex they offered it to me, but my understanding its either first owned or vehicle within the first 15k miles.

I'd call them and ask? Either 2010 or 2011 is when it became available.

Does this cover the electronics stuff like GPS and Sync?

I would check very, very carefully and thoroughly on that Geico thing. I'd think that being 3rd party you're going to find a ton of restrictions, or a million reasons why they won't pay for the repair after you're holding the bill later. It sounds like a classic 3rd party warranty that will cover everything...

...as long as the repair is done at their shop, on the second or third Tuesday of the month, between 10am and 11am, by a mechanic with a last name that starts with "X" and your vehicle has between 3,000 and 3,050 miles and is blue. Non-metallic blue excluded. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is Bumper to Bumper;

We
SECTION III
PHYSICAL DAMAGE COVERAGES
Section III is amended to provide Multi-Risk Physical
Damage Coverages. This includes:
1. comprehensive;
2. collision; and
3. mechanical breakdown protection.
This amendment is subject to all policy conditions and
definitions except as specifically modified below.
Mechanical Breakdown
For the purposes of this amendment, the following
special definitions apply with respect to mechanical
breakdown only:
5. "Owned auto" means any vehicle described in this
policy for which a specific premium charge
indicates there is coverage. "Owned auto" does not
mean:
a) a newly acquired vehicle; or
b) a replacement vehicle; or
Exclusions
11. Oxidation and rust damage are not covered.
a) engine tune up;
b) suspension alignment;
c) wheel balancing;
d) filters;
e) lubrication;
f) engine coolant;
g) fluids;
h) spark or glow plugs;
i) brake pads;
j) brake linings; and
k) brake shoes.
agree with you as follows:
12. Damage caused intentionally by you or any other
person using an owned auto with your permission is
not covered.
The amount of applicable deductible shown in the policy
declarations shall apply to each loss under the Multi-Risk
Coverage. A $50 deductible shall apply to glass breakage,
except windshield glass, without any other damage to the
auto.
We will pay for loss caused other than by collision or
under the comprehensive coverage due to the mechanical
breakdown of the owned auto. Losses from mechanical
breakdown shall not be accumulated to reach the
deductible.
3. "Loss" means all risk of physical damage to the
owned auto or its equipment.
16. Any loss to the extent covered by warranty, recall or
voluntary repair programs is not covered.
17. Any loss to a non-owned auto or to a temporary
substitute auto is not covered.
18. Any loss to a newly acquired or replacement auto is
not covered.
19. Any pre-existing loss or damage to any insured auto
is not covered.
20. The mechanical breakdown protection portion of
Multi-Risk Coverage will either terminate when the
Odometer reading exceeds 100,000 miles or when
the age of the vehicle is 7 years old, whichever
occurs earlier. The 7 year stipulation will only apply
to vehicles that are 1996 model year and later.
For the purposes of this amendment only, with respect to
mechanical breakdown, exclusion 4 is deleted. The
following exclusions are added:
Definitions
c) a temporary substitute auto.
13. Loss due to misuse, alteration, or lack of proper
maintenance is not covered. Proper Maintenance
is the recommended vehicle maintenance as
outlined in the owner's manual provided by the
manufacturer.
14. Tire wear and other damage caused by and limited
to wear and tear is not covered.
15. Routine maintenance services and parts are not
covered. This includes; but is not limited to:

Please interpret, analyze, and translate to specific MFT/SYNC?

Back