Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

sounds like I might have been hosed on my ESP premium care, I think I paid $1,200 for 6 years/75,000 miles, but I'll double check...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like I might have been hosed on my ESP premium care, I think I paid $1,200 for 6 years/75,000 miles, but I'll double check...

it is prorated, you can cancel it now and probably get majority of your money back. Then use your refund money and get one of those cheaper one you find.

our dealer finance manager promise me that he is selling us the ESP at cost, and we paid $1100 for 6yr/100,000 miles which is relatively the same as some of the prices I see here.

I was thinking of getting the Ford ESP PremiumCare plan from Ziegler Ford does anyone have any experience buying from them and how long did it take to get the actual warranty in hand?

The local Ford dealer couldn't even come close to the online price.

Haven't had time to check on price of the warranty, but am I reading the messages correct that if I don't like the price my dealer charged me I can cancel the warranty and repurchase it through another dealer.

If so, what are the downsides to doing this?

Haven't had time to check on price of the warranty, but am I reading the messages correct that if I don't like the price my dealer charged me I can cancel the warranty and repurchase it through another dealer.

If so, what are the downsides to doing this?

If I recall correctly, you have 30 days to cancel for a full refund. After that, I'm not sure if you are prorated or can't cancel. I just did a quick search for my contract from 2007 and couldn't find it.

Zeigler is selling them for about $30 over dealer cost so it's an incredible deal.

The local ford dealer I talked to said that the warranty is tied to the dealer you bought it from. Any changes or cancellations of the warranty has to be done through the dealer you bought it from. A local Ford dealer won't be able to help you.

I happened to be at my dealer today,for info on Sync 2.8.I told my salesman I had purchased the ESP from Zeigler Ford.He had told me he could not beat their price.He said the price I paid for the plan I purchased was below his cost.My dealer is a small town Ford dealer,very honest and treats you as a friend. The price I payed is in post #47 on this page.

The local ford dealer I talked to said that the warranty is tied to the dealer you bought it from. Any changes or cancellations of the warranty has to be done through the dealer you bought it from. A local Ford dealer won't be able to help you.

This is correct unless they are out of business or you move.

I was thinking of getting the Ford ESP PremiumCare plan from Ziegler Ford does anyone have any experience buying from them and how long did it take to get the actual warranty in hand?

The local Ford dealer couldn't even come close to the online price.

I purchased mine from Ziegler, they had the best price. They send you the confirmation via email immediately. I called Ford customer service a couple of days after I purchased it to verify it was activated on the car and they confirmed it. Easy transaction, would definitely recommend them.

Did you find out anything interesting about Sync 2.8? I picked up my Ex Limited AWD this past Monday and it came with 2.4. Everything seems to work OK except my iphone randomly doesn't sync when I get in the car. I was wondering if it would be worth the headache to go the dealer and get it upgraded to 2.8.

Thanks for the info on Ziegler. Never having had an extended warranty on a vehicle, does Ford give you any type of paperwork to prove that you have coverage in case you need to have a repair done either locally or out of area like when your traveling?

You are covered the minute you pay for it online. Seems to me it took a week or 10 days to get the hard copy in the mail.
I have had no problems with them.

Bob

I want to thank everyone for their input! I will probably go with them. My last Ex (2002) I wasn't planning on keeping it for 10 yrs but the new one I will probably hang on to for awhile. With the price of labor, parts and the amount of technology onboard an extended warranty is justifiable.

Plus getting it online saves a bunch in NY sales tax. Hell, I could have bought a Ford Fiesta with the sales tax I paid on the Ex :D

Another plus for Ziegler! Just picked up my ex yesterday, brought a printout quote from Ziegler with me at $1175 for a PremiumCare 6 yr/100,000 mile $50 deductible, the finance person showed me her cost for it was $1235 and she didn't understand how they were selling it so low. So I told her thanks but no thanks, ordered it on-line from Ziegler as soon as I got home and instantly had it in my email. Love the thought of having full coverage for the term of my loan.

Alrighty then,
Just got off the phone with ESP Canada. Which is a dealership in Ontario, Barrie Ford. They quoted me 3400 dollars Canadian for a 7 year 150k km Premium coverage. I asked her.....
Why so much? This was after I got up off the floor. I told her that the same coverage was being purchased in the US for under 2000. She said that is because the volume of customers in the States is much higher and allows them to sell for much cheaper.

I have read elsewhere... Getting ESP from the US is only good for vehicles that are registered there. Is this true?

Last question, any Canadians here get a half decent price on an ESP, anywhere in Canada? I'm thinking now I should have taken the dealers offer at signing. Can't remember how much it was, but I know it wasn't $3400. Almost threw up my breakfast.

I'm glad I looked this thread up again. My dealer quoted me 2450.00 for a 7 yr 75K. I just did a on-line quote from Zeigler for 7yr 100K for 1305. Now I have to decided when to start talking to the dealer about lowering his price to match. I have a written quote from them and I believe they lowered the price of the vehicle keeping the retal price of the warranty because they make more money. The amount of savings just from this pays the tax on my vehicle. Crazy.

From an earlier post I gather the warranty starts from purchase date, so it is really only an extra 4 years and 64000 miles. I will wait closer to the 3yr 36k time and see how the car was and if I plan to keep it longer.

I haven't picked up my warranty yet (still waiting to sell the 2007 explorer before I spend more money on the new one).

I tried to get my dealer (which is a good one and doesn't try to be trickey) to match the Zeigler price and they couldn't even touch it. My dealer was pretty surprised at the price and first reaction was to challenge if it was a 3rd party or non-Ford warranty. They also suggested that if the dealer went out of business I wouldn't have a warranty then (not true), but when I showed them who it was, how many dealerships Zeigler owns, and how long they have been around, they just put their hands up and said sorry.

Really the only difference is you can't roll the Zeigler into a loan with your explorer, but other than that, no reason not to buy direct from Zeigler.

I am planning on pulling the trigger one way or the other by 12k miles (hopefully I will have sold my old explorer by THEN :( ) to save the $200 increase in price.

From an earlier post I gather the warranty starts from purchase date, so it is really only an extra 4 years and 64000 miles. I will wait closer to the 3yr 36k time and see how the car was and if I plan to keep it longer.
I wanted to jump in a verify sgparnes that yes, when you buy an ESP after the purchase of the vehicle, the ESP start date will default back to the bumper to bumper warranty start date. Also, this should be done while the vehicle is still under bumper to bumper warranty. In case you’re interested in researching the available ESP’s, be sure to go to Owner.Ford.com > Warranty & Service Plans > Extended Service Plans (or call the ESP Sales Service Center at 1-800-367-3377 to speak with a live agent).

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Extended Warranty

I just got back from a 5900 mile trip with the Ex and have not have been on the forum for awhile. I need to purchase and extended warrenty at a reasonable price. I know this discussion was posted before but I am unable to find the contact information.

I sure would appreciate a contact name and number, looking for the 100,000 mile warrenty. Thanks for all your help.

Jack

Back