Factory Window Tint | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Window Tint

Ah, just curious. I didn't mean to go to a tint shop and buy a whole roll, but rather just buy enough to get your job done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found this in another forum, I wonder if it is the same for Explorers?

10gl63q.jpg

Should I assume it is and order 35% ? (0.72*0.35=0.252) 25.2%

Wal-Mart sells rolls of tint as well. I would go with 35% on the front. It adds darkness but not too dark so you can still see in a little during the day. I would also add maybe 20% in the rear to get the effect you want. I am looking at doing it with Wal-Mart tint just to do my fronts to match the rear for a nice uniform look.

Wal-Mart sells rolls of tint as well. I would go with 35% on the front. It adds darkness but not too dark so you can still see in a little during the day. I would also add maybe 20% in the rear to get the effect you want. I am looking at doing it with Wal-Mart tint just to do my fronts to match the rear for a nice uniform look.

If the above numbers for the F150 apply to Explorers 20% on the rear's 18% would bring it down to 3.6%. Too dark, lol. To get the rear to 5% (assuming the rear is already 18%), 27.8% is needed. So either have to go 25% and it be 4.5% or go 30% and it be 5.4%

Phil Here. Please give Law Enforcement a break, no matter what state you are in it is courtesy to keep your hands visible to the Police officer who pulled you over.. A very visible or no tint at all on drivers side front is the way to go. I know, I have been there. Blue lives matter......

2002 Explorer XLT V8 Phil Justice

Back