Fuel Sending Unit and Clutch | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Sending Unit and Clutch

Also when I cycle the key it will go up past full then come back down to the half

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New user tip:

To post pics: (right click on pic in PB and click direct link) then do this
This makes pics easier to see.

Did you get a manual t-case or electric?

If your door panels are in rough shape, good luck finding replacement parts. My 92 started off as an XL model, but the door panels were junk. I traded the manual doors for full power doors.

Thanks for the tip I wasn't sure how to do that! I'll change it when I get home and can hop on my laptop.

It's an electric t-case but I'm gonna put a manual it probably when I have to replace the slave cylinder because i think it's starting to go out

Thanks for the tip I wasn't sure how to do that! I'll change it when I get home and can hop on my laptop.

It's an electric t-case but I'm gonna put a manual it probably when I have to replace the slave cylinder because i think it's starting to go out

I replaced my clutch and slave 2.5 years ago. The slave I got from a forum vendor that worked in a ford parts dept, and he gave me a discount (his employee one) for being a forum member. A factory slave cost me $140 shipped, the local cost to me at the time was around $200. Clutch I got off of ebay for $75 shipped it is labeled as an HD unit, it is certainly stiffer than the original I pulled out. I have roughly 31k miles on the slave and clutch setup, since replacement.

It is recommended you save your dollars and buy a factory slave cylinder. The ones sold in the parts stores are a Chinese make and leak, sometimes immediately, and sometimes you may go 50k miles.
Yes, the factory slaves are more expensive but considering you have to pull the trans to do the job, I would rather do it once. The cost difference is $75-100 more than the cheesy one sold in the local parts stores. There were enough frustration stories on here (this forum) to convince me to buy a dealer part.

Here is the price from the vendor on here. It is levittown ford super center. Find the tab labeled vendors.

Hydraulic system, Slave cylinder
Explorer
CLUTCH »Hydraulic system
Ford › Explorer › 1991-1992
$240.43
Your Price : $161.57

Okay cool thanks mr cribb! It's still drive-able so im just gonna make it last as long as possible (knock on wood)

Also here is a pic of yesterdays project of blacking out the grille and headlight trim
87679628-9FE6-4D1A-88F2-A3D417DD72CD_zpsmhehsuxh.jpg

Back