Hood need's repaint now!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood need's repaint now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so pissed right now..a buddy of our's was looking for some rope in our garage..my truck is parked right under the shelves..well he pulled some rope and a home sterio(sp?) player fell on my hood:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

it left some good sized dent's and BIG gashes in the paint..i called my paint guy right away he said $350 to do the hood..the guy that did it is paying for it..AS HE SHOULD:mad: so as soon as i get my mirror's back im bringin it down to my paint guy

i don't even have my license yet and i have to have body work done!!!!!:mad:

pic's later:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ak - hang in there, buddy. Accidents happen, and look at it this way - you're hood will be free of all of the little nicks, scratches, and such that come with time. It'll look brand new!

This could be a blessing in disguise!

That really sucks. I had a 1981 F100 when I was 15 and restored it and got it painted a nice black. About a week later I had it parked at wal-mart and some jack@$$ keyed a gash across my hood all the way down to the metal. I was extremely pissed. Fortunatley the paint job wasn't expensive cause my uncle does body work. Good thing the guy that did that to your hood is paying for it. Those kinds of things can be hard to afford when you are young. Hope it gets fixed alright.

Originally posted by AdamCKach
Ak - hang in there, buddy. Accidents happen, and look at it this way - you're hood will be free of all of the little nicks, scratches, and such that come with time. It'll look brand new!

This could be a blessing in disguise!

awww...but i know for a fact aftermarket paint does not hold up as good as factory paint..and there's to many chances he could screw up..but i geuss i will just have to wait and see..but im going to make sure that it turn's out as nice or nicer then it looked 2 hour's ago..BTW the paint is perfect all around on my truck..or it was:rolleyes:

i will get pic's right now:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, you gotta have some stone & bug chips if that truck has ever been driven in AK.
New paint will clean those marks right up. I have never had a problem w/repaints. Usually much better than when they started.
As a matter of fact since your getting a new paint job you should probably pay for at least half of it since you are getting betterment.

Trust me! I feel your pain. You put all the work into making the paint nice. Then something comes along and rips off your front end. As long as he's good with a paint gun he should be able to match the paint up to where it is 99% unnoticable. You can barely tell my front clip was repainted.

As far as perfect paint goes, mine was a blessing. My hood was one giant acid rain spot. Not no more! :D

my paint guy is real good..he's one of the best custom paint shop's in AK..he does some of the best work here to..he's had his custom paint/body shop for 10 year's now..so i trust him

the truck's been in AK it's whole lift but only has one rock chip..that would have been covered by my bug defletor:rolleyes:

anyway here's pic's(don't mind how dirsty it is..i havent been able to take it to the car wash cause of no insureance)

it fell from that shelf(sp?) up infront of my truck
2004-03-23_001.jpg

here' the hood about 4 good dent's and even more scratches
2004-03-23_002.jpg

2004-03-23_004.jpg

this is the worst it's about the size of a half doller

im NOT PAYING for ANY of it..it was perfect before this happend..he screwed it up he's paying for it..i dident screw it up

I know how you feel to, I had a girl on my hood to take pictures and ended up with a dent in the middle seam. It friggin sucks!!!

Hooters photo op?

Ak - again, don't sweat it. It'll be like new again soon.

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
awww...but i know for a fact aftermarket paint does not hold up as good as factory paint..

Umm no, not quite.
A good urathane based paint will far out last factory.
Many aftermarket paint manufactures warrenty their product for life ( Sikkins does ). I don't know of any factory to do as such.

Just keep those scratches & dents.. It gives your truck character.. Well thats what I keep on telling myself..

$350 is a lot of money, and the cowl induction hood from EE is just a little over $400.....too bad you can't somehow get that worked in. Though I don't really want to pay for a new roof, I am looking for an excuse to get one of the EE cowl hoods.

EBInterceptor has a fantastic Idea.
I would be SO jelous if you got that hood too.

hmmm....that's an idea:D ;) ..but i will prolly just get this one fixed and then get a stang GT hood scoop(from EE);)

Originally posted by Blee1099
Just keep those scratches & dents.. It gives your truck character.. Well thats what I keep on telling myself..

NO it will be gone as soon as i can get the truck down there..im NOT going to have dent's in my truck..makes it look like some hobo's truck;) :)

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
NO it will be gone as soon as i can get the truck down there..im NOT going to have dent's in my truck..makes it look like some hobo's truck;) :)

Don't tell that to Rick... :)

i have a dent in the seem of my hood from some kid jumping on it, he gave me 400 bucks, so i decided to keep the money instead, i would rather have aftermarket parts than a perfect truck, its barly noticable. btw AK when u get ur lisence ur truck is not going to be perfect anymore, crap happens

Originally posted by jared ajlouny
btw AK when u get ur lisence ur truck is not going to be perfect anymore, crap happens
Especially in a school parking lot, a lot of people dont care if they open their door into your truck...:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah when you start to roll it'll be getting nicked up w/ little things, but the dent will come out and scratches will be fixed, just relax and plan your next mods, accidents happen. Just watch out for the parking lots at the mall (DAMN MINIVAN MOMS) and at concerts! (DAMN DRUNKS), Door dings are the worst because you see it from so many angles!!, Nice truck still when are u getting ur parts back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back