Hood need's repaint now!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood need's repaint now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so pissed right now..a buddy of our's was looking for some rope in our garage..my truck is parked right under the shelves..well he pulled some rope and a home sterio(sp?) player fell on my hood:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

it left some good sized dent's and BIG gashes in the paint..i called my paint guy right away he said $350 to do the hood..the guy that did it is paying for it..AS HE SHOULD:mad: so as soon as i get my mirror's back im bringin it down to my paint guy

i don't even have my license yet and i have to have body work done!!!!!:mad:

pic's later:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know how you feel, my truck was side-swiped at 35 mph by some a*^#hole in a dodge one week after getting a fresh custom paint job. I was just happy nobody got hurt, especially my girl whom I was going to a formal dance with...:rolleyes:
Don't worry AK, it really will look great when it's all said and done!! I love my new paint job (yeah, my X is still going even after the accident...$3800 from the other guy made that possible:D ) and I have no doubt you will too!
Good luck!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

dents is what the truck is made for..thats why it has 4x4 =) i thought thats why u used the arc lift to lift ur truck? or was that just for looks?

for looks, the bags wil not hold up off road

Nothing can stay perfect forever. Stuff happens in the blink of an eye and then the plastic starts flying!!

the bag's will hold up just fine..i can have a good looking truck without haveing it look like crap with having dent's everywhere..the lift will help alot with ground clearance..thats needed where i go/will be going

im still pissed about the hood..but thwat's done is done

wired_af said:
Especially in a school parking lot, a lot of people dont care if they open their door into your truck...:rolleyes:

that gives me another reson to drive my(well half mine) 91 f-250 4x4 to school..don't have to worry about that crap with it..and if i get scratches/dent's i will just have to get them fixed..im not going to drive around with a dented truck..it will be fixed as soon as i can get it fixed..and it's stayed this nice for 8 year's..im sure i can keep it this nice

OMG, so your gunna drop money into it, everytiem it gets a little scratch or dent? Im srry but go take your truck and throw some rocks at it, and drive it through some woods, Just this last weekend, i put prolly 50 new scracthes on it, and 3 dents that i know of.............. Not a big deal, if your ever gunan offroad, you ARE gunna get scracthes/dents :rolleyes:

Now dont come back attacking me either, im just stating a fact......

PEACE

and if i get scratches and dent's..the truck will be at the body shop after that..im not gonna have some getto(sp?) looking truck..

you care way to much about the looks of your truck, its about performance, it u want it to be in perfect condition keep it in the garage covered not under shelves withs stereos

Ak LTD Xplorer said:
and if i get scratches and dent's..the truck will be at the body shop after that..im not gonna have some getto(sp?) looking truck..

so my truck is Ghetto??? Just becuase i have scratches and dents??

i always thought it added character :cool:

Oh well, i rather be driving my "Ghetto" Explorer, than your "explorer" and i wont have to worry bout what trail to take, or what not.....

And im srry, but i hope you get a good job also, because, all those scratches and dents are guann take all your money to repair, and your truck will be in the paint shop all the time.......

i don't have to justify(sp?0 myself to you..you can keep your getto dented body lifted 95 the way you want..and i will keep mine the way i want..if you don't like it to bad it's not your truck..

i will post pic's of the hood when it's done

XplorerKid said:
so my truck is Ghetto??? Just becuase i have scratches and dents??

i always thought it added character :cool:

Oh well, i rather be driving my "Ghetto" Explorer, than your "explorer" and i wont have to worry bout what trail to take, or what not.....

And im srry, but i hope you get a good job also, because, all those scratches and dents are guann take all your money to repair, and your truck will be in the paint shop all the time.......

haveing dent's and scratches makes it look like you don't give a crap/don't care about it

it will get around just fine where i need it to go

that's why i have a buddy with a paint shop..get that stuff done CHEAP :banghead:

Delete- Bad Mood Tonite

oh and it being about "performance" i have a v8 EX i can drive when i want..i have a v6 no need to try to make it fast..it does just fine the way it is

hey if you don't like my view's sorry but that's they way i am..and it's not your truck..so don't worry about it

todd he said he can get it real close..that's good for me..but maybe i will make another post about it..just for you!

and if it could leave the grage it would be muddy..oh wait the ground is froze solid..so no mud..but as soon as i can drive it..it will be covered in mud..but there's no reson it can't be spotless..and still taken out in the mud

Delete- Bad Mood Tonite

your so cool, maybe i will be as cool as you are some day!!! :cool:

50% of my scracthes come just from MUD!!!!!

i care about my truck, but im not gunna go outta my way to keep it scratch and dent free, especially since i offroad my truck...

mayeb it just becuase im not spoiled, and becuase i/and my family, are really tight on money right now, but i can think of hella better things to spend that money on......

IAmTodd said:
Mud is composed of rocks. Rock leave marks. Rocks can slide and cause scratches. And you can have scratches! :rolleyes:

most of them scratches will buff out.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back