I won the Ford Explorer on Facebook | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I won the Ford Explorer on Facebook

jeeden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I thought I would just drop a line here to let you all know that someone that has been on these boards for awhile won the new Explorer they gave away on Facebook.

It was quite the surprise. The order is in (unknown delivery date yet, figure 8 weeks) for a new Kona Blue Limited with light stone interior. Got everyone but the inflatable seatbelts (delayed until summer I hear). The prize was an XLT, but they let us use the credit towards a limited we were probably going to get this spring/summer and pay the difference.

This is my 4th explorer starting with the slightly used '92 (sold a couple of years ago and still see it around at 300K + miles) I got in college, the 2003, and the 2007.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very cool! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Congrats.

Congratulations!

Did you win the US or the Canadian prize?

Congrats! Must be really awesome to win a brand new car! :D

...until TAX time next year!...
You should lower your # of deductions to 0, and possibly even pay an additional $10-$50/pay check to help off-set the income tax you will be hit with next year.

Congratulations on the new ride!

Ryan

...until TAX time next year!...

First congrats on the new ride. I've always entered car giveaways like this and wondered if you'd be offered a "cash equivalent" if you actually won. Same thing with shows like The Price is Right, are the winners offered cash equivalents. Otherwise coming up with 30-50% of the value of the prize to pay the IRS is not always easy.

Congrats man, can't wait to see pics of it.

< Jealous

Congrats!!! I actually just came back from the dealer and sat in a Kona Blue Limited with the light stone colored interior!!! Maybe it was yours:) I will say I was blown away, made my '02 limited seem......cheap:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, the taxes won't be too much fun, but we are planning on selling our 07 and banking the proceeds from that as our "refund" next year since our real refund will be wiped out by the taxes.

My folks just picked up a new Red Limited this weekend they were planning on buying. Lots of fun to play with, dizzy from all the features. I spent about 15 minutes logging it onto their wi-fi network at home and figuring out how to turn it into a roaming wi-fi hotspot through a phone in the car :)

Back