Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Bird poop stained it the other day so mud will ruin all of it. Im thinking of just clearing it and going with it

Its not so bad now that it has been wet sanded. I think it will be ok....I need to give it a good look over tomm in the sun

It is getting the black put on the rear hatch tomm tho

Ok well i washed it again today and it looks great when wet so im going to hope the clear does the same thing.

Here is what im doing in the garage tonight. EF Banner on rear hatch

RearHatch.jpg

38.jpg

are you doing the silhouette of the explorer too? If yes, are you going to have enough room under the window to fit it? Either way, it looks great.

Yes i did it once and then i was like. Whoops not gonna fit. SO this is the second time its been taped off.

Text to. Going to have it air brushed on there.

Black will be Serious Explorations
Green over black will be Ford Explorer Enthusiasts Forum.

May have him do a custom explorer and do ricks for the explorer on the hills

I know but i may have him make it orange and everything. He is a really good at airbrush work

I think this is going to turn out better than i was thinking the other day. It looks great when wet so i dont think the blemishes will show when it is clearded.

I didnt think this was going to get done tonight. My dad got the paint today and then went to his computer class. ( He does not know much about them and i dont have the paitence(SP) to teach him) On his way home from class someone pulled out in front of him while he was on his bike. Well to avoid hitting a truck head on he layed the bike down. Well he was ok. Had some road rash on his arm and the bike did get some damage. Not to bad. He is ok and that is all that mattered. I didnt care about the bike. I was not gonna paint it tonight because i didnt want him to have to paint it but he was ready to go so we did it.

He is he puts everyone else first in his life. I got a good one. He knows everything about working on any cars. Been his life almost

Well i layed three layers of clear coat on today and the light and dark spots went away.

I didnt have the air brushing done yet because the guy wanted 150 bucks to do the work so that not gonna happen. I didnt clear the rear hatch but i set out the proper ammount of harndner and clear coat to do the hatch later on.

I have a airbrush and im gonna practice up so i can do the text myself and just tape off the black explorer.

Back