Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new-paint2.jpg

Here you go. Best pic i can get till it goes outside. THe light and dark spots hid really good. Glad i did this.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow thats looking good there!

Its really nice. Im really happy with all the work that has gone on here.

Still more work to go. Got to wet buff the entire truck after it cures good.

Here we go. Got a few pic. Not much for now. Here is a close up of the rear.
Clear.jpg

Here is another rear shot. I have already had someone ask if it was the EF logo..ha ha
Clear-2.jpg

Things to finish:
1. Wet Sand Truck Again.
2. Buff the entire truck
3. Finish rear hatch and clear coat the hatch
4. Wheel the dang thing

It looks great!!

Are the hatch pillars going to be green? I think they should-

X2

I want to paint mine to match as well. They are fading bad. I saw a second Gen a couple of weeks ago where they had done this & it looked nice.

Im gonna have to decide which will be easier to fix after a scratch. Ultra flat black comes in a spary can but i got 1/2gallon of green left

Pillars black! Truck looks great! Get that thang duuuurty!

I think the green pillars look better since the center pillars are green-It makes the job appear "finished", and also just looks "newer" to me.

I think the green pillars look better since the center pillars are green-It makes the job appear "finished", and also just looks "newer" to me.

Me too.

I think the black cheapens the look. New Explorers are have colored pillars and look much nicer. The black fades so bad it looks like **** after time.

See the pillars were all scratched up. Thats why they are primer now.

Pillars will be black. Its decided.

Oh and get this. Someone actually had the brains to ask me "Did you get a new one?" Yup bought it at Ford. I wonder about some people.

Back