Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Or the offspring if their Explorers mated:p:

Well unless mine runs off from me at night to meet Maniaks i think were pretty safe ha ha...

What in the world froader... ha ha lol i dont think ill be attempting anything of the sort here soor or ever ha ha lol

Here is test number one of the paint i had mixed.
Paint-test-one.jpg

Im gonna try to get a little darker before i decide. So its time for another trip to Napa monday and mix another color up.

Great color :D

Its not there yet i got one more try and then im gonna paint it.

I think im gonna add somemore green in the picture. Its not just right.

Im not up on all the white or i would do it....I dont want any white that i dont have to have.

Ok i offically have the paint code i need. I am going tomm on my day off and getting the paint. We are pushing to get it painted saturday. My dad even went out and bought a new paint gun. Its getting done just a little slower.

The paint code is J5. Im gonna see if my local shop can mix it if not there is a place in the next town over that can do it. I have to get the paint tomm if i want to do it saturday. Which i want to do.

I have been putting the paint on the back burner because of the drive in. Its looking pretty good. But the paint is back on the burner. We are trying to nail a price on the drive in that we both agree on. Stuff takes time.

Ok i offically have the paint code i need. I am going tomm on my day off and getting the paint. We are pushing to get it painted saturday. My dad even went out and bought a new paint gun. Its getting done just a little slower.

The paint code is J5. Im gonna see if my local shop can mix it if not there is a place in the next town over that can do it. I have to get the paint tomm if i want to do it saturday. Which i want to do.

I have been putting the paint on the back burner because of the drive in. Its looking pretty good. But the paint is back on the burner. We are trying to nail a price on the drive in that we both agree on. Stuff takes time.

Well, this thread has way more views than the drive in thread--get your priorities straight here---:D

Of course I'm kidding-owning a drive in would be the thing--:thumbsup:

Yeah man its been a crazy week for all that. Didnt think any of it would come about. Turns out you have to talk to the right person to get what you want. Who would have thought.

Well i guess we can look at it this way. Tomm im only calling the owners of the drive in. Im gonna drive to get paint. ha ha

Ok here yll go. I only bought a pint because they have to order some more color so they can mix it for me tomm but i got a pint to double check. Cant be to carefull with painting a explorer this color green.

I can tell this is the color.

NEW COLOR:
new-paint1.jpg

OLD COLOR:
new-paint.jpg

Im not sure. The first try looked crazy when painted. Kinda pastel almost.

The second color is the same as a 1970 chrysler charger. I had a painter try to find the color and this is what he came up with.

1970_Dodge_Challenger_green.gif

and are you still gonna get some racing stripes too? thats gonna look so sweet!

Back