Dead Link Removed

Setup consists of:

Front:
Rubicon Express Long Arms for TJ's
Custom D44 front axle:
-High Pinion
-4.88's
-Elec-trac
-TJ width (~2" wider than stock explorer)
-TJ brackets
-Chevy outers; 11" disk brakes, Warn premium hubs, 5x5.5 bolt pattern
Sway-a-way RaceRunner coil-overs:
-2" reservoir, 14" travel shock
-dual rate Eibach springs; 250, 300
1st gen. steering gear box
-hybrid steering shaft
Custom steering links
-1 1/4" .120 Chromoly
-3/4" heims

Rear:
SOA
Stock leaf springs (for now)
Warrior shackle
MORE wheel spacers:
-1" spacer
-5x4.5 to 5x5.5 conversion

A few of the test runs:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Last Chance Canyon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I said it in the project thread, but I'll say it again... That turned out awesome :D and I can say that it works as good as it looks since I've wheeled with him :D

ya Jefe, definately looks awesome, makes me wanna convert!!!

Extremely Nice Rig Jefe!!

How do you like the Electrac up front? How is the ride in unlocked, limited slip mode? I have never ridden in a truck with LS up front and was curious about it.

Originally posted by Robb
Extremely Nice Rig Jefe!!

How do you like the Electrac up front? How is the ride in unlocked, limited slip mode? I have never ridden in a truck with LS up front and was curious about it.
The Electrac is awesome. The l/s isn't even noticable, except when its needed. And if you need a bit more, just lock it up. :)

In the two days I was out at Truckhaven testing the SAS out, I probably only locked the front a half dozen times. And half of those I probably didn't need it, the l/s would have done fine, it was just a cautionary measure.

Thanks for the info Jefe!

For some reason, I didn't ask everything I wanted to about the Electrac.:confused:

Does your rig ever see the road now that it is done? How is the Electrac onroad. I can definately see the advantage offroad, by not constantly having to go to full lock, but how is its onroad manners with LS?

Sorry I had to ask another question instead of wording my first one more correctly! I have run across a deal on a Electrac and it caught my interest, but the truck will still see its fair share of the road.

Originally posted by Robb
Thanks for the info Jefe!

For some reason, I didn't ask everything I wanted to about the Electrac.:confused:

Does your rig ever see the road now that it is done? How is the Electrac onroad. I can definately see the advantage offroad, by not constantly having to go to full lock, but how is its onroad manners with LS?

Sorry I had to ask another question instead of wording my first one more correctly! I have run across a deal on a Electrac and it caught my interest, but the truck will still see its fair share of the road.
Yes, my rig is still my daily driver. . however, I've got manual hubs, so the l/s is not a problem :p

However, I did break the gears in on-road. The L/s is noticable, but not bad at all. Its milder than my brothers True-Trac.

jefe what shock are you running in the rear
do you know the sizes or have a shot of how you mounted them thank I'm wondering how I should go about mounting my new shocks

thanks alot

Back