Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My RedHead box and power steering pump conversion fixed 90% of my steering issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not leaking, it's marking it's territory..

Finally getting around to this, as we're supposed to go to Big Bear this weekend.

Out with the old and in with the new. Was in there for 15 years after it was pulled from a junkyard truck. Never rebuilt. It served well. :salute:

20230425_222744.jpg

And here is the new box. I'm installing all new lines as well.

20230425_222933.jpg

The red top has to be worth 10hp. :D

Best money spent!!

I keep meaning to post some feedback on the Saginaw conversion- idk if you are going that way- but there is a negative. With my manual when it really lugs and idles down, the power steering just stops working. As long as I keep the rpm’s over about 600ish it is fine, but below that it just drops off. That might not be a problem for you- and it also might be related to the small pulley, but it is definitely a reality in my setup.

I keep meaning to post some feedback on the Saginaw conversion- idk if you are going that way- but there is a negative. With my manual when it really lugs and idles down, the power steering just stops working. As long as I keep the rpm’s over about 600ish it is fine, but below that it just drops off. That might not be a problem for you- and it also might be related to the small pulley, but it is definitely a reality in my setup.

I'm leaving this alone. The truck is what it is at this point. Just Maintenance going forward. Maybe a cross brace for the shock towers, but have no other plans for it.

It works and is reliable. You can't ask for anything else.

What is this Saginaw conversion? I run ram assist and would love to run a Saginaw pump.

Box is in....I forgot how little space there was to work in there. It's like it wasn't designed for a steering box to be there....oh wait...it wasn't 😛

New hoses come in tomorrow, and I still have to put the pitman arm back on. TRE's are ready to be replaced, but I'm going to wait till after this trip. I'll get them ordered though, so I have them just in case.

20230426_232834.jpg

All back together. I was also able to reset the pitman arm so it doesn't hit the track bar anymore, so I should have full steering again, vs I could only go so far one direction for the last 15 years 🙄

20230427_231955.jpg

Actually got it out and working today...it still works, but I broke a hub for the first time ever😳

Back