Justin is going twin turbo... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Justin is going twin turbo...

Well, I just ordered two Borg Warner S200 turbochargers for my Explorer. With the new install, I will be moving everything towards the front- so it will be a mid mount setup. I am also changing my air/air intercooler with an air/water intercooler and adding water injection. I am not adding the water injection to add more power with timing- it will just be a safety precaution for hot days.

Changing from the single to the twins will allow me to keep my quick spool, but support more power. It came down to either a single T70 or these twins, and I chose the twins. It will probably be a little while before I start fabrication because I am remodeling my house. But I hope to have it running and retuned by the end of the year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Justin is definately not a noob at this. Heck that was my reasoning for the recommendation. If he is able to swap a LSx in then I don't believe that a 351W swap would be a problem.-j

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I just bought my new weekend truck and soon to be LSx swap truck. It is a 1994 model and is in awesome shape- the air suspension even still works. I regretted selling my Range Rover Classic and I knew I would get another one some day.

So I will be driving this while I work on the Explorer, and after the TT swap is complete, the Rangie will probably getting a big turbo :)

290f_3.jpg

Looks nice. Ive always liked those. The back end looks like it hangs out pretty far though. Looks like it could wheelie easily, haha.

You guys keeping talking cubic inches but in reality in
comes down to cubic dollars.
With enough money ANYTHING can be fast.
:D

Plans have changed- I have the opportunity to buy my company truck, so I am trying to sell the Explorer. Although, with our economy, it will probably not sell. If it doesnt, it will hit autotrader as stock.

Plans have changed- I have the opportunity to buy my company truck, so I am trying to sell the Explorer. Although, with our economy, it will probably not sell. If it doesnt, it will hit autotrader as stock.

The deadline for buying my company truck has passed, and my wife didnt want me to buy it unless I could sell this. But right now, I think I am just going to keep it. It really isn't costing me anything but insurance; So I guess I will be back in the mod game with the Explorer. I am eyeing those new one piece projector headlights I see on eBay, but I want to see them on a truck before I take the plunge.

I also listed my wheels and tires on Craigslist- if they sell I will be getting some 18's and 255/60/18's. I was looking for some 10th anniversary Cobra wheels, but can only find them in 17's on eBay. I may end up going with some Y2k Cobras or gunmetal Saleens.

Back