Last Minute: Sunday Feb 7th Pre-Game Wharton Wheeling | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Last Minute: Sunday Feb 7th Pre-Game Wharton Wheeling

V8BoatBuilder

Transplanted Bostonian
Reaction score
City, State
East Brunswick, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer V8 4x4
Due to the snow, a few of us are meeting up at Wharton ranger station on 206 tomorrow, 2/7/10 at 10:00a for some light wheeling before the big game.

Should be fun, they got a lot of snow last night, but hopefully other people have cut tracks so we won't be driving into the unknown - or will we? :p:

So far its:
1) V8BoatBuilder
2) Explorerguy98

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wewt

explorerguy98, do you have Tow Points on your frame? What kinds of recovery gear do you have? How familiar are you with the trails?

A guy on the Ranger Station said that by 1pm there were hardly any tracks, and that means we would be "pioneers." I really don't want to fall through the thin ice into a mud hole, when the wind-chill is in the teens.

Thoughts?

well actually something came up and i cant make it =\ sorry dude i really wanted to go but maybe next weekend

how was the trip did you guys go? any mudholes? i actually found a place in LI that i didnt know aabout just took a shot in the dark found a hunting area and went for it (stupid and dangerous I know) I couldnt resist though luckily there were two strangers that followed me in not even from the same group they didnt know eachother either 1 was a 3rd gen expo so i felt a little bit more ballsy going in http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265411 whens the next trip out there im itching to mudddd (or snow with all this white stuff)?

I didn't go, I don't wheel alone and the conditions weren't right. Not sure when we'll be going next, but I'll be using my 4wd today!

I have beat the hell out of the awd this week! I hate that we didnt get to go! I was really lookin forward to it. Oh well, theres always next time....

Back