Missing Part? Hood insulation pad | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? Hood insulation pad

I agree about small town dealers. The one I go to has been family operated for over 65 years. I'm on my 4th vehicle lease from them. Never had any issues.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parts needed for full install:

1 x Hood Insulation Pad
LB5Z-16738-A
10 x Insulation Retainer
-W705002-S300

Install - Open the hood, at the window side you'll see 2 hook brackets that will hold the back of the insulation up. Slot the insulation in those, then hold up to the hood. You'll want to align the holes in insulation with the hood. Push the retainer pins in. Most were easy to push in, one was a bugger.

Noticed it was quieter when driving :shurg:. Glad I did the install for that alone.

Attachments

• IMG_8931 2.jpeg
    IMG_8931 2.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8930 2.jpeg
    IMG_8930 2.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 113

I could tell the difference in engine noise immediately after it was installed

I could tell the difference in engine noise immediately after it was installed

I'm gonna do the strut tower insulation next. Yeah, without that hood insulation that sucker was loud and not like Focus RS fun loud.

I'm not bothering with strut tower pad. I did have rear defector installed under warranty. My hood insulation is good. Have never liked a new vehicle so much! Hoping to feel same in several years.

Back