• Register Today It's free!

Missing part - upper console trim

Dissidentman

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hello, I have a 2020 XLT - bought used - and a trim piece in the upper console is missing. The dealer has ordered 3 different parts, and none of them fit. They claim to have looked in other 2020 Explorers on the lot, and none of them have this same upper console (really?) Does anyone know what is supposed to be here?

Console.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found this picture on the Ford website and it seems to looksomewhat like yours.

1633106080450.png

Hello, I have a 2020 XLT - bought used - and a trim piece in the upper console is missing. The dealer has ordered 3 different parts, and none of them fit. They claim to have looked in other 2020 Explorers on the lot, and none of them have this same upper console (really?) Does anyone know what is supposed to be here?

View attachment 342953
You’re missing the dash storage trim insert.

You're just missing the small rubber tray that fits in the space. It's a good place for a wallet and phone.
There's nothing that hides that area other than that.
No blanking plate to hide the space, if that's what you mean.

These are pictures in my xlt. I pulled the tray out so you could see the part.

IMG_20211001_174543784.jpg IMG_20211001_174531833.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211001_174543784.jpg
    IMG_20211001_174543784.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 146

well.... I do have the try

Yes, that looks like it is what would fit in mine. The dealer can't seem to get the part # correct.
They must have an XLT on the lot. Is there no part or identifying number on the back that they can check?

Peter

They must have an XLT on the lot. Is there no part or identifying number on the back that they can check?

Peter
That's the thing...they tell me none of the other Explorers have the same part. I may just go test drive one and take the part home. :)

You either have the wrong screen installed or you have the wrong screen bracket installed. The bracket you have installed is for the vertical 10 inch screen that's why you have that space there where the bottom of the 10 inch screen would rest

You either have the wrong screen installed or you have the wrong screen bracket installed. The bracket you have installed is for the vertical 10 inch screen that's why you have that space there where the bottom of the 10 inch screen would rest
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Since others have replied that they have the same setup, I'm guessing that is the way it is supposed to be.

Peter

Since others have replied that they have the same setup, I'm guessing that is the way it is supposed to be.

Peter
Yup, albeit with the rubber tray in place. That's where my cellphone and wallet usually reside.

Back