Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
I may be down for a May trip. My X has been back to the tranny shop 6 times since I paid them $2,000 January a year ago because overdrive was out, and it still wont work. 1,100 miles each way sucks at 60-65mph and 13mpg.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now seeing that Char has only weekends listed for possible days, I'm for sure going whenever it is decided. May is prime time for Moab. :thumbsup:

I actually don't like that it is centered around a weekend, since it means that I would have to split a vacation week into two business weeks, thus shortening the Moab vacation + drive time to 7 days, instead of 9 (assumes using 5 vacation days). But I can totally understand centering it on a weekend for those that don't face the same drive time issues that I and others might have.

Hopefully that makes sense, haha.

I will be down there for more than a weekend, probably 5 plus days in town

I actually don't like that it is centered around a weekend,

I understand, but I can't take that much time off of work. After May 27, it can be anytime.

I understand, but I can't take that much time off of work. After May 27, it can be anytime.

I would like to add that Char has had to sit out the last few Moab runs because of conflicts with her job. I asked her to set this run up so that she can actually join us again.

I may try to make this. I would love to bring my Dad out and catch up with all you guys. Last time i was there i was in high school. Mainly depends on how much time i can get to work on the Explorer and bring it back to life. Oh and how much time Brian1 has :)

I may try to make this. I would love to bring my Dad out and catch up with all you guys. Last time i was there i was in high school. Mainly depends on how much time i can get to work on the Explorer and bring it back to life. Oh and how much time Brian1 has :)

You have almost a year! Let's get busy. We would love to see you!

I was asking Brian about you when I saw him on my way through Albq. I can't remember if he said you were married with a kid now, or just married?? Either way, it's been too long. It would be great to see you again:chug:

Married with a Son. That's where most of my time is spent now an days. I will try hard to make this! A year seems like plenty of time. lol

I would like to add that Char has had to sit out the last few Moab runs because of conflicts with her job. I asked her to set this run up so that she can actually join us again.

I would like to see the run held in May. May is the month we've had the biggest groups, and the best weather.

Okay fine, May it is. Set the date and I will be there but on one condition!!! You set a date that WE, that means you, Char and the Pumpkin run Prichett. We'll run it safe, meaning using winches where needed for safety, but that is a trail I wanna run with you guys.

I will still probably come if you don't commit to Prichett, but you will get hazed with the big "P" award:eek:

I've been wanting to run Pritchett. We'll be ready:D:burnout:

I so wish i could make this, would be great to do some wheeling alongside pumpkin again. Unfortunatly i dont think there is a chance in hell ill be able to buy a tow rig and afford fuel in time, and i wont wheel that far from home and on terrain as famous as Moab without a tow rig

I've been wanting to run Pritchett. We'll be ready:D:burnout:

Whats all this talk? 2 years ago it was like pulling teeth to get anybody to run pritchett with clint and I, then I had to duck out of the trail early with a destroyed brand new 37. Now you guys are all gung ho? Are you sure you don't want to run top of the world a few more times? lol! If I can get some tires and a few other parts for my LJ by then I will be down. It is just a few hours away now too, so I can even make a day trip if I have to.

2 years ago it was like pulling teeth to get anybody to run pritchett with clint and I, then I had to duck out of the trail early with a destroyed brand new 37.

When you are leading a group ya just can't be everywhere at once... I will plan on this from the get go, so there won't be issues later.

I'm in! Along with Pritchett we need to hit Area BFE as well.

The first week/weekend of May is typically Cruise Moab (Toyota run) and the last week/weekend is Rock Junction (local run/show). I'm obligated to work both of those, but any other time I'm game.

On a side note, would anyone be interested in doing a group camp out at Area BFE? The basic camp area is open and free (donations recomended ;) ). Its south of town a little ways but is a great place for a large group. If there's interest I can even talk to Olaf and see what it would cost to get the lights set up in the comp area for some night wheeling!

On a side note, would anyone be interested in doing a group camp out at Area BFE? The basic camp area is open and free (donations recomended ;) ). Its south of town a little ways but is a great place for a large group. If there's interest I can even talk to Olaf and see what it would cost to get the lights set up in the comp area for some night wheeling!

I am interested in that. I miss the group camp outs. Canyonlands always seemed a little segregated for me. I miss the T-haven roundups.

When you are leading a group ya just can't be everywhere at once... I will plan on this from the get go, so there won't be issues later.
Fair enough. I will try to get my heep together. We had fun with you all the last time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

... i wont wheel that far from home and on terrain as famous as Moab without a tow rig

Understand not wanting to wheel hard so far away from home. Just wanted to let you know there are easy trails as well. Although, you may WANT to do harder trails. :)

Back