Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Who is making up the list of trails and groups? Not sure how this is done since this will be my first rodeo.

All in due time Grasshopper. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion between now and then.

Typically there is a driver's meeting in the morning in the grocery store parking lot and a couple trails are identified and you pick which group/trail you would like to go with/on.

Then Char tells you where to go! :D

Post 236 updated :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All in due time Grasshopper. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion between now and then.

Typically there is a driver's meeting in the morning in the grocery store parking lot and a couple trails are identified and you pick which group/trail you would like to go with/on.

Then Char tells you where to go! :D

Post 236 updated :thumbsup:

Ok sorry im a bit anxious....and STOKED.

Jjaganashi--------ford ranger--------no clue where im stayin
i think big dog.. Locked front/rear on 40's

Rick, when are you and Char gonna show up?

Do you think we can get the covered 'picnic' area at Canyonlands for Thurs and Fri night get together's. I'll pack the projector and we can run offroad videos while having a few beers and socializing.

I'll give them a call and see what i can do to reserve the area.

We'll be arriving on Friday.

This could be a dumb question... is there a safe place to park trailers and gear for the week/weekend? im trailering "betsy" and figured if im pulling the trailer, might as well throw one of the bobcats or pipeliners and one of my tac-boxes on it just in case.
Max

Canyonlands has trailer parking for their guests. If you are staying somewhere else maybe you could work something out with them for trailer storage. I do have to mention though that their trailer parking is out of sight, so anything left on it would be at your own risk...

ok, thanks.. if i decide to bring one of the welding rigs, ill make sure everything is locked down well..

Sorry for not chiming in earlier, I have limited computer access. I'm definitely going!

Arriving the 9th likely with Adamsbro and NHarris.
Pack Dog - 2.5"/3" James Duff, 31's, limited slip, & lots of recovery equipment!
Staying - Mixed hotel and camping.

Can I say, STOKED?!?!

Sorry for not chiming in earlier, I have limited computer access. I'm definitely going!

Arriving the 9th likely with Adamsbro and NHarris.
Pack Dog - 2.5"/3" James Duff, 31's, limited slip, & lots of recovery equipment!
Staying - Mixed hotel and camping.

Can I say, STOKED?!?!

I thought you went with 32s? And ill be heading down on wednesday the 8th.

Just remember fellas,all you guys like me with stock vehicles can do class 5 trails with little chance of damage as long as you go light on the skinny pedal. Been there and done it.

Next time you update post 236, change me over to Adventure Inn. I swear this is the last time I'll change where I am staying... lol

Next time you update post 236, change me over to Adventure Inn. I swear this is the last time I'll change where I am staying... lol

You are so damn complicated nate lol

You are so damn complicated nate lol

For sure.. Thats why I am wheeling a Jeep and not my Ranger. :D Really, I just like saving money :p: $25ish less per night adds up into extra fuel money quickly.

Branding Iron's menu:

Attachments

• menu0001.jpg
    menu0001.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 188

Deep fried pickles and a mushroom burger sounds pretty dam good right now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back