MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread

first thing to do is make sure the DTRS is aligned properly

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hahaha we have been over this before man, Digital Transmission Range Sensor, it gets aligned with the shifter arm on the trasmission when you install it.
The shift linkage must also be adjusted 100% correctly.

IMO this code is not detremential right now, not until you get your 02 sensor wire issues figured out, and you might find the DTRS code is replated to your 02 sensor codes, since all the wiring goes through the same two plugs (on trans and to PCM from trans)

Yeah, you're right I knew that. Did you tell me about that or did I read it somewhere else?

This is the only code that I have now. P0708. All 02 sensor issues have been resolved and no more related codes are present. Yea! We are in closed loop, fuel trims are in check and idle is good.

check the alignment on the DTRS and shift linkage, perhaps a Ford dealer could perform this for you, they have a tool that aligns the DTRS

you never told me the 02 sensor wiring issues were resolved, what was the fix?

Apparently there were a bunch of errors in the wiring to the o2's. And they replaced the o2's.

Ratstang even said that the wiring diagrams they had from Ford were wrong...???? Who knows if that is the case, but they tracked the wiring from the ECU pins and then they got it right.

No more codes!

The P0708 was resolved, some of the wires to the DTRS were crossed. Hopefully it will stay code-free after I start driving it for a while.

amazing, welcome to the wonderful world of drivetrain conversions and guess what you are NOW DONE

I tried to give this thread 5 stars but it wont let me because I already gave you 4? crazy.....

No codes = pass emissions = drivetrain conversion complete

I had been running code-free for quite a few months before we tore it all apart again. Crazy that I had no codes even though there were so many wiring and fuel issues. Eventually they started to pop up though. I imagine they will start to pop up again....

The restoration isn't complete however! That is what this thread was all about. Once I have it back in my driveway I will say it is complete. Getting it back to my driveway is the challenge, these things take forever.

Tonight I will be making the 100 mile roundtrip to go see it. It has been a few months since I saw it last. I need to deliver some parts: Bumpers, power door lock actuators, spare tire, etc. I swear, basically every part on this thing has been replaced!

Speaking of replacement parts, I will be picking up my Dana 44 tomorrow night. Freshly built with 4.88's, ARB, Warn Premium hubs, Yukon Chromolys and Superjoints, Discs, Master rebuild kit and sand blast. Too bad my wallet will be a couple grand lighter when I come home.

amazing, welcome to the wonderful world of drivetrain conversions and guess what you are NOW DONE

I tried to give this thread 5 stars but it wont let me because I already gave you 4? crazy.....

No codes = pass emissions = drivetrain conversion complete

I'll have to talk to Rick about those stars.:eek:

can I borrow some $$$? hahaha my BII is at a stand still right now for finacial reasons, although I did get some new tires! and now I'm flat broke again.....

You gonna have it ready for Moab in May?

YES, maybe not where I want it to be but I am committed to Moab this year, hell if I have to bring my Explorer I will be in Moab this year, its been so long now my left arm is fading, kinda like hte picture of the family in back to the future

Without Moab I am not complete

Very true, I almost 'need' to go now. I can't wait to go back.

Mine will be there, although, like you said, it won't be where I want it to be. It'll be sad having a built Dana 44 just sitting at home while I tear the crap out of my Dana 28! Can I start looking forward to Moab 2008 already?

Just found this thread, amazing job so far!!!

Does anyone have a clue where I can find an A Pillar gauge pod?

I can't find anyone that makes it for the Bronco II or Ranger, 89-90.

Maybe someone out there has one, or knows of a universal pod that will work....?

Does anyone have a clue where I can find an A Pillar gauge pod?

I can't find anyone that makes it for the Bronco II or Ranger, 89-90.

Maybe someone out there has one, or knows of a universal pod that will work....?

I've got a universal dual guage pod in my truck. I put one in my ranger when I had it too. It takes a bit of trimming but it will fit.

Mine were both made by Faze

http://www.fazegauge.com/prod_acc_pods.html?subnav=products

228908_452_full.jpg

Cool, thanks Copykat. Do you have any other brighter pictures where I can see the pods better?

Cool, thanks Copykat. Do you have any other brighter pictures where I can see the pods better?

I'll see if I can get some better ones from in the Bronco. The ****o red interior of the ranger was always hard to get good pictures and the fact I had 50% tint on the windows made it even darker. Don't know why the flash never went off. I've snaped another but it's just as dark if not darker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I decided to just go with a Universal gauge pod made by Sunpro. It looks pretty much identical to that Faze pod that Copykat used. I'll have to let you guys know how it works.

On a side note, I saw the truck a week ago and started her up! It's got a nice rumble to the idle, the exhaust sounds bad a$$! The exhaust smelled much better too, not 'gassy' like it did before. Hopefully that is an indication of my fuel trims finally being right. What didn't sound too hot was my power steering! It was squeaking like crazy. I'm not sure if it was the actual pump, or the belt or what. It was good to finally see her running again though.

Back