MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread

I am just looking on rockauto.com.....will this one work? Or do you have a part number?

MOOG Part # K80153
Frt Susp; 4WD; adjustment range -3-1/4 to +3-1/4 Deg.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 3.25 degree shims are for a 2wd, when used on your truck (4x4) they are 2.75 degree. Yes those shims should work as long as they are for the dana 28 axle (you dont have your d35 in yet do you? careful here because they are different)

Still have the D28....for now atleast.

So those should work....hmmm.

B2-Final%20002.jpg

B2-Final%20004.jpg

B2-Final%20006.jpg

B2-Final%20007.jpg

B2-Final%20010.jpg

B2-Final%20015.jpg

B2-Final%20018.jpg

B2-Final%20019.jpg

B2-Final%20020.jpg

B2-Final%20021.jpg

B2-Final%20023.jpg

B2-Final%20024.jpg

B2-Final%20028.jpg

B2-Final%20029.jpg

B2-Final%20032.jpg

B2-Final%20034.jpg

B2-Final%20035.jpg

Well, she is finally back in my posession! 298 days later, what a ride it has been. She's getting the alignment done as we speak, and she needed some new caster/camber shims.....oh well.

So, a lot more work needs done still. First thing I do is try to pull the hood....well the hood latch cable just broke! I don't know of another way to repair the cable, other than to just replace the whole thing. A trip to the Junk Yard may be in order for that. Interior light switch for the driver's door isn't working. AC needs a recharge. None of the badging has been mounted...I need to figure out what I want to do with that. Has a wiring issue with my auxilary lights, causing them to blink on and off. Missing the windshield trim, roof rack, lug nut on spare tire. PS pump still squeals like a b**ch, but quiets down once it warms up. And it is in desperate need of a detail, still has a bunch of buffing compound, dust etc.

Also, with the addition of the F150 coil spacers I now sit a tiny bit higher in the front, which is opposite of how I started. I hope that once my caster/camber is adjusted it will help bring the front down a bit, I'm also hoping that the springs settle in a bit, as they seem to be very stiff after being off the truck for a year.

So, I've still got a bit of work to do to get this thing ready for Fabulous Fords Forever on April 22nd.

I must say that my first reaction was, man, that is one bad a** truck! The pictures hardly do it justice. I'm pleased with the over-all outcome and it came dang near close to the image I've had in my head all this time. It feels soo good to have her back! I'm sure that once I drive her for the first time it will be that much better. That should be in just a couple hours!

Wow I just saw this thread. That is a nice BII. It's better than new now, you can't wheel it with a restoration like that.

Wow I just saw this thread. That is a nice BII. It's better than new now, you can't wheel it with a restoration like that.

HAHA! Watch me!

Although I am going to take it easy now that it has the 35's on. 35's with D28 and 7.5 and V8 are a bad combo.

Once the D44 and 9" are in I'm gonna wheel the heck out of it.

HAHA! Watch me!

Although I am going to take it easy now that it has the 35's on. 35's with D28 and 7.5 and V8 are a bad combo.

Once the D44 and 9" are in I'm gonna wheel the heck out of it.

eehhhh, you're killing me. :(

Added a few finishing touches today, she's really coming along!

MarchApril07032.jpg

MarchApril07036.jpg

MarchApril07037.jpg

MarchApril07038.jpg

MarchApril07041.jpg

MarchApril07042.jpg

MarchApril07047.jpg

MarchApril07048.jpg

MarchApril07049.jpg

MarchApril07051.jpg

MarchApril07043.jpg

MarchApril07061.jpg

Holy chit.. that think is PIMP! When is the fab ford dorever show, and where is it at? I would love to see this in person and say whatup

Should try and put it in the off-road expo in SLC the weekend of April 21 & 22.

Great job, now go scratch it up on the trails! :evillaugh: :D

Yeah for sure!

I didn't even know about the off-road expo, that would have been sweet.

Fabulous Ford's Forever is the same weekend though, and I've already been accepted and paid my dues. FFF is a huge yearly show held at Knott's Berry Farm in California, in like Anaheim or something. It is Sunday April 22'nd. So, I take off Friday April 20th from Utah to make the trip down there. I'll hang around in Cali for a few days, then back to Moab Utah where there is another show, April 27-29. I may hit a few trails while I'm there too.

Cool thanks! I hope we can gang up and park by each other there.

There were 2 Bronco II's there last year, and 1 explorer I think.

I will go to the off road expo, but not cali.. sorry man haha

I will go to the off road expo, but not cali.. sorry man haha

Oh come on!....Jk

You going to Moab in May? I'll be there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back