Morimoto H1s and mounty headlights | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Morimoto H1s and mounty headlights

Here is the start of my retrofit
Before (Dirty Lens)

Before without lens

First one installed (dirty lens)

Both installed no lenses (I need to buff the lenses)

Clean Driverside Lens!

Clean Passenger Lens!
All I could find to clean was Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restore but it seemed to work well!

Angel Eyes LED (testing)

passenger headlight LED Angel eye mounted test

Driverside headlight LED Angel eye mounted test

both Headlights LED Angel eyes mounted test

Still not fully aimed, and need to paint the grill, more pics to come!
These are now on a 96 Explorer :-D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I definitely think it couldn't hurt to check all the fuses. I was just looking in my 2000 owners manual at the fuse panel diagram, and I *think* that it was one of the ones that in the description it just says "Instrument cluster", which according to my diagram are fuses number 11 and number 15 (both 7.5A). I know it wasn't any of the ones that say headlamp cause we checked all of those first and none of them were blown, and after repinning the connector several more times (since we figured it couldn't be a fuse at that point) we just started checking all the fuses until we found the one that was blown. I'm sorry I can't remember which exact one it was and I asked dreddog47 since he was there with me when I replaced that fuse and unfortunately he remembers even less than I do lmao

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Celly,, You have any input? Did you have to rewire?

Celly,, You have any input? Did you have to rewire?

Is there any reason you think that a 95+ explorer which came from the factory with 9007's, would need the harness to be wired for 9004? This is such a common thing with HID harnesses since they all come wired for 9004. When using it on 9007, you have to flip the low beam and the ground.

attachmentdv.jpg

Celly, its your turn next. Tell them everything I've told you :D

On the diagrams that I have seen everything is in a different place on the 9004/9007 bulbs. Not saying you need a harness but I am saying you need to reposition the OEM wires to emulate the 9004 bulb connection.
I think the above diagram is incorrect.

On the diagrams that I have seen everything is in a different place on the 9004/9007 bulbs. Not saying you need a harness but I am saying you need to reposition the OEM wires to emulate the 9004 bulb connection.
I think the above diagram is incorrect.

The 9004/9007 connector is physically the same, but the three wires are arranged differently on them. The diagram above is showing the connector on the HID harness, NOT the one on the truck. You have to reposition the wires on the HID harness to match how the wiring on the truck is. So lets say you get a 9004 HID harness (as the morimoto ones come) and your truck is wired for 9007, you would re-pin the wiring connector on the HID harness (as shown in the diagram) in the 9007 configuration to match how the wiring is on the truck.

What you say is correct. You do have to repin, however your diagram of the repin is not right,
As far as I know the following is the correct identification of the pins.
9004 pins L to R are G - L - H
9007 " " " " " " " " " H - G - L

While the above diagram shows the pins to be different. The 9007 shows the L & H on the oposit sides and if that is followed than the pins for the 9004 would be incorrect also.
Do you see my confusion?

What you say is correct. You do have to repin, however your diagram of the repin is not right,
As far as I know the following is the correct identification of the pins.
9004 pins L to R are G - L - H
9007 " " " " " " " " " H - G - L

While the above diagram shows the pins to be different. The 9007 shows the L & H on the oposit sides and if that is followed than the pins for the 9004 would be incorrect also.
Do you see my confusion?

Think about it if you were looking at that plug from where the wires go in, IE the back side. Its 180'd because its from the front of the plug.

I found this on the www:

90049007.jpg

Colours may vary of course.

as said before, its just a simple re pinning. its just reversing 2 wires. I think the middle and right side if your looking from the wire end. :D

OK, this is my problem. It appears that all three wires are in different spots. and therefore all three would have to be moved to make a 9004 sockett act correctly from a 9007 controle source.

Or do I have some slug of air in my head (brain fart)?

this

Attachments

• 9004vs9007bulb.jpg
    9004vs9007bulb.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,301

Oh now I see what you're saying...on the diagram you posted it shows the high beam socket on the 9004 as being on the right side and the 9007 as being on the left side, but the other diagram shows them as both on the same side.

I think the one that shows them as being both on the same side is correct, you only have to switch the low beam and ground wires to change from 9004 to 9007.

I never ran into that. I always switched the ground and low and it worked perfectly.

I know theirs a logical answer for this, I'll figure it out later, I'm hungry right now....

Then stop posting on explorerforum and drive over here cause i'm hungry too!!!!! :roll:

Back