my 01 sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 01 sport

I bought it last night for 4,500 out the door. 108k miles. I have lots of plans to make it sharper looking...

14220232393.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Bling how does she sound with the gibson exhaust.

I got dual chamber 2 flowmasters on my 01 sport and it sounds mean and tough.

it sounds ok, i would like it to be a little more raspy. right now i think it sounds too much like a ricer but thats just from inside. ill post some sound clips later.

Bling u got aim or yahoo messanger.

I have 2" lowering blocks, but i think to will be to much. the back is sagging an inch alredy so i just got finnished lowering the front to match but i still want to go lower. Are 1 inch blocks worth the trouble?
08-14-06_1155.jpg

BlingNGasoline said:
Are 1 inch blocks worth the trouble?
If all you want to go is 1" then yes, they are worth the trouble. Throw the 2" in there to see how it looks and if you like it keep it. If not, get the 1". It doesn't really take that long to do blocks.

The Ex looks good. :thumbsup:

BlingNGasoline said:
Rich, do you have any pics of your tails?

-Rich

churd69 said:

did you use vht night shades? i just got my vht nightshades in the mail 10 minutes ago... it seems easy enough to do... has it faded at all or does it stay on pretty good?

enjoip8nt said:
did you use vht night shades? i just got my vht nightshades in the mail 10 minutes ago... it seems easy enough to do... has it faded at all or does it stay on pretty good?

yeah I used night shades. It stays good. Just do light coats and after it has completely dried use some clear on it.

-Rich

churd69 said:
yeah I used night shades. It stays good. Just do light coats and after it has completely dried use some clear on it.

-Rich

for sure the only other question i had was about the third taillight. Should i leave it on the truck and mask it and paint it? or would it be better to remove it and paint it? and whats a good clear coat to use?

thanks

The Gibson does not sound like a ricer. Mine sounds real mellow. If it sounded like a ricer I would have chopped mine off. It has a nice low tone, which you cannot even hear until you hit the gas and even then it is not even loud.

enjoip8nt said:
for sure the only other question i had was about the third taillight. Should i leave it on the truck and mask it and paint it? or would it be better to remove it and paint it? and whats a good clear coat to use?

thanks

I think I am gonna buy one of those black explorer third brake light covers for mine, but I would take it out if I was gonna paint it, I think its only like 2 screws. I used the duplicolor clear coat.

-Rich

Just saw this. Those are pretty sweet looking rims. Just the right amount of BS and offset in my opinion. Dont go Uber low..it would look cheesy. There is a guy in lima that went real low...looks excessively retarded.

churd69 said:
I think I am gonna buy one of those black explorer third brake light covers for mine, but I would take it out if I was gonna paint it, I think its only like 2 screws. I used the duplicolor clear coat.

-Rich

does any one know how to take the third brake light out for tinting? I did a search on it and it seems like a *****... I think ill just mask it really good and paint it on the truck.. i think those explorer stickers off ebay are kinda tacky..

thanks rich

Clear corners and LED neons for ***** and giggles.

09-20-06_18571.jpg

Im real close to painting the plastic cladding with black Krylon Fusion satin finish to smooth it out. The only thing thats holding me back is the uncertainty of how it will look up against the factory paint in direct sun light...

Bling - Nice looking x, good work!

are those 18s or 20s?

20's depending on how you look at them they look bigger or smaller

Got the intake last week, so far I'm very pleased with it.

0928061847.jpg

Back