My 91 ex registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 91 ex registry

I have a 91 ex xlt 4 door, with a 5 speed manual and manual t-case.

Now on to the upgrades I have installed on the rig:

**************UPDATED LISTS 07/18/14*********

James Duff extended radius arms;
Smittybuilt XRC8 winch;
Warn (jeep style) manual hubs;
F250 shock towers;
35" Pro comp extreme MT's;
Pro comp soft 8's;
Deaver super flex springs;
Pro comp 9000's (front/rear);
JKS quick disconnects;
Shiftster manual t-case;
Spicer 5-760X ujoint and snap ring upgrade;
New tie rods and drag link;
C-clip eliminator;
5.13's front and rear;
ARB in front axle (compressor is in the works);
Trail gear sliders;
Front diff guard.

Parts waiting for install:

New/used steering gear box

Need to buy:

ARB compressor;
Doubler

Thanks for visiting my registry. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those things hanging in the pic's are the quick disco's I recently installed. I took them off for the pic's and have not placed the bolts in the frame to hook them on to when they are off. This is the first time I unhooked them.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Little bit of flex.
IMG_0086.jpg

I could have gone a little bit further.
IMG_0084.jpg

The tire is not touching the inside of the wheelwell.
IMG_0083.jpg

Just bought the Riddler rear diff cover. It was on sale at 4wheelparts for $99. I paid 108 out the door.

The Riddler diff cover is on back order. Gonna take 4-6 weeks to get it. I just changed all of the fluids in the truck. Radiator, oil, tranny, transfer case and diffs. The reason I bought the Riddler cover was because I found a crack in the stock fiber glass diff cover. Its not really leaking, more like seeping. I also got the material to do my front bumper. I have a new pitman arm and steering stabilizer I will be installing soon, also.

What a difference a good alignment makes. I had the alignment done after the lift, but Firestone was having a special for a lifetime alignment today. Paid 130 out the door. Firestone guy told me to bring it in every time I come down from the trail. Just a little update. Hope to get all the parts on in the next couple weeks.

Woo hoo! Riddler diff cover is here! Four to six weeks sure went by really quick. Haha. it was really only 5 days. Thanks UPS guy with shorts that are too short.

nice x

Its been a while since I posted my registry so, I am rebuilding the top of the engine due to cooling system issues. I took the heads into the machine shop and they found a large crack in the cylinder heads.
picture.php

If you look towards the bottom of this picture you'll see a crack about 2 inches long. Look just under the white chalk mark and above/in between the two bolt holes.

picture.php

What was once old, is now new again! Or, at least one is new and one is freshly rebuilt. Can you tell which one is the new casting?

Here are some pics from a recent trip. In some of the pics you will see why I need sliders.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

The other rigs:
IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

Dont know if you could tell, I had the smallest tires. The Bronco was on 36's, the heep was on 35's and the yota was on 37's.

A few of me on the trail. There are others, I'm still trying to get my buddy to send them to me.

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

Those weren't the tightest spots of the weekend.

I took a bad line on one of the easiest spots on the trail and ended up on my side. A rock and a tree saved me from going all the way over. It was still enough pucker factor for the day though. Here are some pics of the damage sustained from the weekend.

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

The driver's side rockers:
IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

The passenger side rockers:
IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

The front and rear axle:
IMG_0704.jpg

I'm glad I put the riddler cover on, smacked it on a rock backing up.
IMG_0705.jpg

That's all for now. Like I said, I should be able to get some more shots in the next few days.

I had a good time and have some damage to fix, although, it does add some character.

I got to meet up with some members at the 4Wheelparts customer appreciation run in Gorman.

IMG_2044.jpg

I've also managed to make some small changes lately. Put on some black steel wheels finally.

IMG_2118.jpg

Then some 35" tires.

IMG_2129.jpg

Then some trimming of the front fenders.

IMG_2124.jpg

Looks like time for some changes. Decided to get a solid front axle to do a SAS. Gonna go leafs all the way around for now. This is what I picked up this morning.

IMG_2224.jpg

Already purchased some parts. Hope to have the axle rebuilt and under the truck in time to go play at king of the hammers in february.

Its a dana 44 from a wagoneer. Needless to say, I will have some parts for sale soon. Probably in December. I still have a few runs left on the old girl.

Back