New Diaries... what do you want to see? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Diaries... what do you want to see?

13-54 would be interesting.

Manual transmissions aren't very common anymore, but I wonder how much interest there would be in an M5 rebuild diary.

I'D LOVE ONE!!!!!! Especially if you could figure out a way to throw some lower gears in it :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well.... I think if someone WANTS a 4405 TC and is willing to underwrite the rebuild kit and the remachined case halves, I would do it first. Otherwise it will be a 1354 first up.

Well.... I think if someone WANTS a 4405 TC and is willing to underwrite the rebuild kit and the remachined case halves, I would do it first. Otherwise it will be a 1354 first up.

what are the prices and costs?

i could use it when your done to put into my car :)

how much would underwriting it cost me? ;)

I'll need to cost out the rebuild kit, etc....... but in general.... the kit, a new chain, a new pump and the Omega Machine cost for a) remanufactured case halves and a new mod shift fork.... the capital outlay is what would be nice to have covered in advance.

General costs on average: Rebuild Kit $125 (bearings, seals etc)... New Chain (If wanted) $120.... pump (If wanted) $50 - 75... reman new design fork.... $55 or so, case halves ??? (I am recalling around $250 but my memory is bad...)

I note reman'd ones go for around $850-900 w/o encoder motor replacement. My experience with Reman stuff is that they often only replace the bare essentials.... though some rebuilders are better than others.

I generally carefully clean, inspect and sandblast parts needing it.... then paint where appropriate and reasssemble replacing all wearing parts.... though I start here by admitting I have never rebuild a Transfer case! Just trannies. But I think the skill sets are transferrable....

Back