"new" early bronco (concept) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"new" early bronco (concept)

This trend of HUGE FRONT ENDS are getting pretty bad.

Let's hope this thing stays a concept and never comes to the U.S.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that Jeep is pretty sweet for a Jeep, D60 rear prob D44 front or D60 front. and obviously air suspension cause in the second pic its lifted like 4"- 6" and the front and rear winches :drool:

Hrm... if you were rich it would be something great to rip all the puny suspension out of and swap solid axles under.... that said... looks too mean stock for what its got attached to the frame ... or unibody... but hopefully not unibody...

Originally posted by james t
and then teabagged.

I don't imagine its THAT bad.

:D

the problem with the IFS/IRS is not flex. you can get either to flex like mad. the problem is the fact that there is no weight pressing down on the wheel that is drooping. a solid axle performs good on trails because of the leverage pressing down on the drooped wheel thus giving it traction. you could have 15" of travel on that IFS and the tire hanging would just sit there and hop-spin.

and no, its not based on the Escape platform. its based on the Ecosport which is smaller and weaker than the Escape. :(

and dont forget, its AWD. it will have no low range.

Look close.

The stance and wheel base look alot like the Rubicon. But with I.F.S. its out in left field.

i think it looks pretty cool. being irs and ifs and on the platform it is with awd, i think its a disgrace!

i think that jeep looks pretty good though. a little bit too much stuff on it but the front and back winches is nifty! here are some more pics i found of other vehicles.

here's the link to other pics of other vehicles:
http://www.freep.com/autos/photos/index.htm

that toyota and honda truck are pretty ugly IMO but the h3 looks much better as a truck.

I think it looks like a boat

the more i think about the mini-Cooper drivetrain under the bronco name, the more disgusted i get. im unsubscribing from my own thread. i dont even want to dwell on it anymore.

Looks like there are some things I missed before.

looks like Dual shocks
05fordbronco.jpg

Oh and Kent the pics were posted on a local 4x4 site I frequent

Wow, that truck must be really small, those tires are only 31s, they look like 33s.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ford thinks the Bronco nameplate=
exposed door hinges, a square top (remove-able?), and some round headlights.

To me the Bronco nameplate =
frame, torque, and off road ability

turbo diesel is about the only dam thing that truck has going for it. Thank GOD its only a concept, hopefull Ford will get some feedback from this concept and realize that some people might actually want to take that thing off road!!! (simialr to 50% of Rubicon owners)

Oh what a world we live in...at LEAST it has decent approach and departure angles! I think the future of off road is IFS and IRS, but not the stock junk.........

hopefull Ford will get some feedback from this concept and realize that some people might actually want to take that thing off road!!! (simialr to 50% of Rubicon owners)
as of right now, they could produce it no problem based on feedback. i swiped the link off of an early bronco forum i am on. thusfar the EB thread is 6 pages long and everyone loves it but me. i am the ONLY early bronco owner that has spoken out against it. :(

are you the only one that wheels it?

Well I will say that I think it is a positive thing that Ford us actually considering using the Bronco name no matter what they slap it on, BUT I was also very happy when they came out with the ESCAPE and didnt call it the Bronco III like someone had rumored....

When Ford made the Mustang II and the Bronco II I think they got quite a bit of FLAK for it!! If you are going to call it a Bronco, make it worthy!!!

Originally posted by jasonb
are you the only one that wheels it?
no, the site is fairly mixed. 40% superclean $15,000 mallrunners, 30% trail beaters, and 30% hardcore trail rigs. (just an observant guesstimate)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
If you are going to call it a Bronco, make it worthy!!!

Here, here!!!!!

I do like the overall look of the vehicle. I just love the EB and would love to see them revived by ford. But for gods sake please get rid of the IFS, make it a rear wheel drive powerhouse.

I mean hell that Jeep even has front and rear winches, surely Ford can step up to plate.

front and rear winches = bling bling

I remember reading about an old trail rig that had a central mounted winch (behind the seats) and the cabling was such that he could pull the cable out the back bumper or the front. Now thats useful, having two winches = you shouldnt be on the trail if it needs two winches!! :)

I like the concept of IFS and IRS off road, just not the stock toothpick, 5" of travel, torsion bar, junk......I want some long travel A arm type IFS and IRS, great ground clearance and tons of travel if its done right......

Yes but you knwo that Ford would never do that! And if you want and IFS IRS set up you will have to spend lots of money to get the travel you want.

That is why solid axles is better in my view. Cost would be alot less to get the travel you desire.

As for the 2 winches .... well come on if you could put 2 winches on your trail rig .... wouldn't you?? Isn't that why they came up with the reciever hitch mount for the winches in the first place??

I know that with a front and rear winch more people would be out wheeling by themself ..... which might be a bad thing. Hmmmm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would use a power take off (either diff or t case) and use a center mounted PTO winch with snatch blocks so the cable can be drawn out the front or rear of the truck, that would be the ultimate setup for a trail rig!

winch = dual batteries + high am alternator, etc etc etc...

DONT get me wrong, I would love to have an electric winch for my truck! but for the $$$$ I have chose to spend it on other things, such as a trail rated MP3 player and trail rated leather seats! hahaha

Hopefully somebody I wheel with has a winch, if not it;'s the old shovel and come a long for me!! amazing what some elbow grease, 100' of chain, and a $30 power puller can get you out of!!!

Back