New SYNC Update 23188 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Update 23188

There is a clickable link in those instructions where you upload that XML file to ford. When you click that link it will open up your computer directory and you just need to point it to the XML file on the USB you just removed from the car after updating. Then Ford will update your current SYNC version as 23188.

The most important thing is it fixes the memory issues that occured with 22251. In fact, if your RWDATA memory is full, there's a script on the USB to clear it before installing 23188.
Thanks a bunch, found it, clicked it…complied with. So far, no issues, the update is working flawlessly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update was too easy.... now I know why.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 10.31.39 AM.png

The verification to ford did update ....guessing their IT department had a problem with too much traffic

This morning i got the update and upload also worked for the first time.
No only i "may" have map update :) Also camera recall...

It updated to 3.4.21194 via wifi. Then for 3.4.22251 i used usb. On the web it still shows "Update Available3.4.22251". Probably it will show up in a few days like you said. I just updated to map to 2.22
did you update the maps via wi-fi also?

No i updated both with usb. Last week map, today sync

Installed, took about 1/2 hour. Haven't driven anywhere yet, just did it over my lunch break at the office, we'll see if it resolves some of the underlying issues that the prior version had.
I've already disabled screen beep & enabled camera delay, should know quickly if those are held. Didn't see HD radio reenabled yet.
2023-09-07_13-42-21.jpg
2023-09-07_13-45-49.jpg

Installed, took about 1/2 hour. Haven't driven anywhere yet, just did it over my lunch break at the office, we'll see if it resolves some of the underlying issues that the prior version had.
I've already disabled screen beep & enabled camera delay, should know quickly if those are held. Didn't see HD radio reenabled yet.View attachment 445454View attachment 445455
Everything pretty much works like before 22251 which means no improvements other than all the memory features are back. It's still slow and laggy but at least all the features are back.

I hooked up the battery charger and pressed the START button to turn the ignition ON without starting the engine, then performed the USB update.
Easy as Cake!

I like this idea. Much better than letting it sit and idle.

Settings holding again, but still have no HD radio.
I'll be leaving this item on the list for the dealer when I take it in on the 18th

Mine updated via WiFi this time. It shows 23188 but is still doing some downloading, so I'm wondering if that is the map update.

Peter

Mine updated via WiFi this time. It shows 23188 but is still doing some downloading, so I'm wondering if that is the map update.

Peter
I never paid for a map update but I got a free one back in early May and tried to download and install it last weekend via USB and it failed. I think maybe the license is expired after several months. Anyone know how long a free map download is good for?

I never paid for a map update but I got a free one back in early May and tried to download and install it last weekend via USB and it failed. I think maybe the license is expired after several months. Anyone know how long a free map download is good for?
No, but I downloaded it as well, on 3/28, so I assume mine is useless as well.
And FWIW, the files in the download are all dated 2021, so probably not worth the hassle anyway.
1694198940604.png

Peter
Mine says up to date through WiFi! Going to try USB tonight

Does anyone have a working copy of the NU5T-14G381-AD update? For the last week, ford has a message on their site that says "Some customers may experience issues with the SYNC downloads via USB. The file download path may be missing. We are working to get this resolved quickly, thank you for your patience."

They have completely disabled the ability to download the file. I had downloaded it last week, and it was corrupted and couldn't be installed. I assume that is why they took it down.

I could try wifi, but it seems to take an hour just to download.

Does anyone have a working copy of the NU5T-14G381-AD update? For the last week, ford has a message on their site that says "Some customers may experience issues with the SYNC downloads via USB. The file download path may be missing. We are working to get this resolved quickly, thank you for your patience."

They have completely disabled the ability to download the file. I had downloaded it last week, and it was corrupted and couldn't be installed. I assume that is why they took it down.

Is that version 3.4, build 23188? It downloaded to my 2020 Aviator via WiFi. I believe it did it overnight. It also loaded the new maps but that took a few days. It would stop when I had to go somewhere and then start again from where it left off when I returned.
If you want to go the WiFi route, why not wait for Ford to correct the issue?

Peter

I have that file if you want to try it. PM me your email if you do. It might work but no guaranty. .

I have that file if you want to try it. PM me your email if you do. It might work but no guaranty. .
Thanks. It looks like Ford re-posted the update today. It is about 400 MBs bigger than the same file name from last week. I was able to install successfully.

Thanks. It looks like Ford re-posted the update today. It is about 400 MBs bigger than the same file name from last week. I was able to install successfully.
How did you unzip the file? Ford told me to use 7zip to unzip it but they don’t know how.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you unzip the file? Ford told me to use 7zip to unzip it but they don’t know how.
Are you using Windows or Apple?

Back