• Register Today It's free!

Noob looking for answers

Jdmjunkie

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Red 5.0L AWD
Okay I am looking to improve the handling of my 97 AWD explorer and I was wonder if some one could give me some Ideas? Also how low can I go before it starts to adversely affect handling? Would air ride give me better handling and the drop I want or just the drop?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site there buddy

well a classic lowering kit would help you suffer less from body roll. So in other words, if you don't have to worry about flippin the damn truck around a corner, u can take em a lil quicker and/or easier

oh oops - didn't see you thought of lowering it already sorry for the pointless repsonse ha. Checkout explorerexpress.com - They have lowering kits that would most likely do nothing but help your truck, never hurt it. As for air ride, it can get very costly and i've heard it depends on the application for effectiveness

Okay I looked at the express stuff most likely will get the shocks and sway bar package first, I would like it a little lower in the range of 2-3 inches, would that be better because the center of gravity is lower, and would it be prudent to use the edelbrock shocks from express with that much lowering or is the better performance shocks for my application :D

I did but ill look again im problly just too stupid to know what im looking for lol

Back