OMG NOOOO!! can I drop my oil pan??? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OMG NOOOO!! can I drop my oil pan???

wow just remember everything happens for a reason, right? right?
LOL

You just saved me alot of frustration, I HOPE! LOL I better find a plugged screen or a broken drive shaft, otherwise I will be really (in my best Lewis Black impersonation) "SCREWED"

Crazy plum purple, my wife will be so pleased! that is her color! she helped me ship the oil pan to ya while I was at work, we are all pulling for ya Jon!

Now just pull the rest of that engine and ship it to me, Ill be sure to take nice care of it for ya!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well,
a lot of parts have to be removed to do this, however At least I avoided moving a very large part out-

I also hope to have saved my alignment--:thumbsup:

Wow, that last picture really just makes me want to punch a Ford engineer in the skull.

If Jon didn't break stuff his truck would still be stock...:bsnicker:

What do you mean his truck? If he didn't break that bolt it would probably still be Sherri's :D

On the bright side-

there's always a bright side of things huh?

I can now powdercoat my oil pan. Purple.

Now you can go ahead and admit this was the real reason the last oil pan was cracked. You and your purple powder. :rolleyes::D

think of it this way: free power steering flush and differential drain with purchase of oil pan gasket!

You did save your alignment! as long as you didnt loosen the upper control arms or spin the outer tie rods, it will at least be damn close to where it was before :)

You could powder coat the rack and the diff too! LOL

What do you mean his truck? If he didn't break that bolt it would probably still be Sherri's :D

Now you can go ahead and admit this was the real reason the last oil pan was cracked. You and your purple powder. :rolleyes::D

You thought the same thing I thought.

There is nothing wrong PURPLE It's a lot better than "Ben Pink" :D

I like Yellow.. Makes it really easy to see any leaks..

2344405526_75b335df65.jpg

~Mark

wait! what?

my truck = the patriot!!

I'd like mine done also, but it'll have to be the rattle can black chrome or whatever it was that looked darker than plain silver. I've done silver on transmissions many times, I've concluded that it's not good. I understand why some do them in black or anything else. Bare aluminum looks great, but not the fake paint colors.

I used Rustoleum hammered silver on the FJ's front diff, I had time to kill and we had some left over from repainting our kitchen cabinet hinges (new hinges in brushed nickle = $80!)

I like the hammered look over the plain silver I have used in the past, and hey CDW: I like the Silver!! LOL its the preferred color of paint sniffers everywhere!

frontready2.jpg

diffin2.jpg

I like the contrast, and brushed nickel sounds like the color range I'd like for "silver" parts. i did my BW4406 with a first coat of silver to use it up, and a paint I bought to try, non heat cheap stuff at the parts store.

Attachments

• BW4406 painted.JPG
    BW4406 painted.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,100

well I can see from your intelligent posts and excellent typing skills that you did not, in fact, sniff any................................... next time try harder!!

Red and blue:thumbdwn: (KU's school colors for those of you not in the know)

That's just something that people in love with white and purple and terrible basketball skills say....

We always end up talking about powder coating. You knew that the pan would be done if he could get it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You thought the same thing I thought.

There is nothing wrong PURPLE It's a lot better than "Ben Pink" :D

Thats why I haven't gotten anything powder coated.. I'm afraid it'll come back to me pink :p:

Back