Pirelli Scorpion A/T owners, help please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion A/T owners, help please!

hey everyone. I am seriously considering gettting this tire, but i just wanted to know how happy everyone running it is. it will be almost always for on road, but it has generally reviewed better than most street tires that im looking at. so please just let me know what you think. thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not own these tires myself but I thought I would point you to the www.tirerack.com website. There were 275 reviews of the tire and it rates in the excelent catagory for all parts of the review. I have read that others here like the tire as well. The only people that will steer you away might be the ones that are partial to one favorite brand. I myself like the Bridgestone Dueler AT and would recomend you look at those reviews also. Good Luck.

I've used this tire to 2.5 winters now. I only run them during the winter. They are an excellent AT tire. Great in the snow. Handle very good. Ride is not harsh. They do have an "AT road noise" (humm) factor -- as with lots of AT tires. If you don't mind the humm, buy them. If you want a quiet tire, and will be nn road 99% of the time, buy the Michelin LTX M/S, Cross Terrain SUVs, or the new Goodyear Fortura HLs.

I have them, Use them all year round.. I dont even hear the humm... Great in teh snow!

I highly recommend them!

I had them too, you don't recognize the humm until you replace them with another brand, which I did. For the cost, I replaced them with coopers. Coopers were definately quieter and worked just as well in the snow. Overall, Scorpions looked better, but the coopers were a smarter alternative. I commute 30K a year - I found the scorpions did not wear well and had to purchase new tires sooner.

I had Scorpions on my old 18" rims on my 98 Sport. Loved them. The Scorpion Zero's are better, but I live in Boston and it snows a lot. The Zero's are terrible in the snow.

i've had them now for about 2.5 years too.... really good tire in all conditions. if you do decide on getting them make sure you rotatate them on schedule. every 20k-30k miles.

I've had them for about a year (15,000 miles) and think they are a very good tire. Before these I had Firestone Wilderness A/T's and Kelly Safari AWR. IMO the Pirelli's are better than both of those.

The only time I hear noise from them is when driving next to guardrails and the slight humm is reflected back at me, other than that I don't hear them at all. Good tire in the snow and rain.

I've had them for only 3K miles, so far so good. The chalk test revealed excellent, even wear. I have taken off-road, great performance!
I'd recommend them, though wa4kc is right, buy from the tire rack.

thanks everyone for all your feedback! i think ill call around and see whos got em locally...

I really am not all that happy with my Scorpion AT's. Mine hum almost as bad as the Mud Kings that I have on the Mounty now, and they are a year old with approximately 15-18k miles. I rotated them about every 5000 miles, and they developed funny wear patterns, and the shocks (Bilsteins) are brand new and I keep the alignment checked as often as I rotate the tires. I just mounted the Mud Kings yesterday, and at least these are not causing highway vibration yet, and the tire place (very reputable) that mounted them didn't have to us a lot of weights, unlike the Pirelli's that have an ungodly amount of weight around them.

Back