Project X = Wheel Bearing Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project X = Wheel Bearing Issues

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...izwach, don't quote me on this but i think maniak's setup is something like the trs writeup...maybe not..:scratch:

...tom, thanks for the input...at least it helps a bunch of us...

...and burns, :p: ...showoff...:D

...izwach, don't quote me on this but i think maniak's setup is something like the trs writeup...maybe not..:scratch:
Well.. izwacH says how about trying some Loctite on the outer spindle nut? :D If it backs off again, then obviously the Loctite didnt work.

Of course now that I reread the entire freaking thread, I see Maniak has already suggested that to you.

Oh and that just goes to show you that when IZ swaps to his 60 that you need to get his 44

...rofl, sorry iz...you can tell when i start getting tired i always start adding the H...:D

...and shipping would kill me unless iz brought it out for another truck haven trip

...mayjan, i hope this will also help some of your problems too...:D

I think I need to check mine soon too, anybody got a 250 ft/lbs torque wrench i can borrow? Then again i have never check these things since i got the truck:eek:

...first sign is wheel pulling slighty to one side...also an unexplained clunk, or pop...with the big tires you don't feel it as much...and some slight brake fade...usually all 3 are related...

cyber, if you don't have these signs don't play with it, lol...it's an anoying little pita and bearings are about 45 bucks each time...i'm sure we will be discussing it at truck haven...;)

I may have no choice in the matter since I have to do the front brakes SOON and that includes having to replace the rotors since there badly warped and probably out of spec anyways. and oh yeah i still need to find brake lines too:(

...i know you and mark were working on your brakelines...if you don't have them fixed after truckhaven or even if you do, mine are recently custom made and i will need to get backup sets myself...you and i could run over then and get some made up....plus i have a couple jy's around the corner...
...sorry to hear about the rotors...:(

I really doubt the spindle is a problem, this is pretty common problem with dana 35/44's. make sure that the clockwasher isnt spinning out of the groove on the spindle, if it is you need to build up the tab with weld so it fits tighter. I bet that will fix 99% of your problems.

Past that, look into the new stage 8 spindle nut system, 50 bucks a side but suppost to never come loose.

...could you post a link here for us, thanks...:D

...thanks...i didn't know summit had them...i was thinking i read about these on pirate and the parts were down south somewhere...again thanks...;)

...i looked them up and all i can find is dana 44 and 60...no 35...i will contact stage 8 this week and see if they got them...;)

Some people keep saying that the D44 lock nuts will fit the D35 but Rick tried it and said it was a no go ....:dunno:

Yeah Stage8 doesnt have them for anything below the D44 -- I looked desperately when we first started this thread and couldnt find it.

d44 should fit a d35 unless the spindle is a different thread the nuts use the same socket.

...if i remember it was a hub problem...:scratch:

...maybe we can talk them into making one..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hub problem? the spindle nuts dont even come close to the hub.

Back