• Register Today It's free!

Regearing

Regulator_XLS

Reaction score
City, State
Barrie, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLS
I am running 33x12's on my explorer with factory gearing, what do i do from here.

-do i buy a kit
-can i do it myslef
i have no idea what to do so any help would be awesome:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

33's and 4.10's are right for my v8, if you intend on bigger tires in the future, go with 4.56's.

I would highly recommend finding some salvage yard diffs with factory installed 4.10 gears. It's a bolt in deal otherwise. FYI, many SOHC Eddie Bauers 99+ came with 4.10's.

If you have a V6 you will want to go with 4.56 gears for 33x12.5" tires.

would that be necessary with an everyday driver or long-hauler seems like it would be over kill or is it how ford made the gearing in the tranny to make it 4.56 be a great gear such as the 87-93 mustang

would that be necessary with an everyday driver or long-hauler seems like it would be over kill or is it how ford made the gearing in the tranny to make it 4.56 be a great gear such as the 87-93 mustang

Not with a V6 and 33" tires. You have got to keep the engine in the optimal power range. The less cylinders the the lower (numerically higher) gears you need.

My wifes totally stock Suzuki X90 (built on a Sidekick frame) with a 4 cylinder and 25" tires has 4.10 gears.

I am running 33x12's on my explorer with factory gearing, what do i do from here.

-do i buy a kit
-can i do it myslef
i have no idea what to do so any help would be awesome:exp:

You Live In Barrie I use to live there for a year, By the Mall Georgian I think, where abouts do you live? I worked at The Lockeroom by the bay

i live by the college, man i have passed out so many times in the lockeroom, sucks cause you always gte covered in peanut shells when you hit the floor.what brought you to cali

i live by the college, man i have passed out so many times in the lockeroom, sucks cause you always gte covered in peanut shells when you hit the floor.what brought you to cali

Ok Well I lived by u then, I lived on Rosenfeld By the Church, close to the High school, The college was right down the road, Did you know any Josh or Jordan or Jason Fairhall?

You mean what brought me to Barrie, hah I moved there after school for a year just to get out of the States for awhile. Was dating a girl.....
couldnt stay cause couldnt get a SIN, But I miss it was a blast out there. Roxy Or Ruanes...

I miss pizza pizza and None of you on this board can appreciate a Tim hortons coffee unless you have tried it. Its the best! and I hate coffee. it S#its on starbucks.... Poutines I bet half of you dont know what that is, Or the twonies or Lunies. I miss Canada Day, its the First Of July I believe.

And the Beer Sleeman, Kokanee, Molson is better than Labatt, sorry, Umm The Greenery if you smell my Scenery

true that, hey what does having sex in a canoe and american beer have in common?
The both ####ing near water

4.56's..... my exploder will get up and go with em. Although u will lose some high range power.... I never remembered having much high range stock anyways, so who cares. Most of my driving is 30-55 anyways. She runs close to 3000 RPM going 65. It just gets plain scary going more then 70 to be honest.

Back