• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Do you have a 2nd row console? If so, you will find some carpeting missing when you remove it. As for the inflatable seat belts, perhaps this thread may provide some info, 2017 Sport second row question (s)
You have to ensure that the airbag light warning light isn't ON once the conversion has been completed or else the system may not work. I'm not familiar with compatible model years. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Jeromy DAmico

Reaction score
City, State
Aberdeen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer XLT
I'm looking to switch my 2nd row bucket seats with the bench seat. I was under the impression that I need to look at 2013-2015 models. I've got a 2015. After reading though the this thread, I'm thinking I can expand my search to 2011-2019. Could someone confirm this?

Also, my model has the air bag seat belts. I am wondering if anyone has insights into switching the buckle on the seat if I find one without the air bag seat belt.

Thanks!
I have a bench seat if you're interested in swapping? I have a '16 XLT Leather

Last edited by a moderator:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Jeromy.:wave:

Peter

KlausJ

Reaction score
City, State
Frankfurt, Germany, Europe
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I have a bench seat if you're interested in swapping? I have a '16 XLT Leather
Hi Jeromy,

good to know.. is it still for sale?

I have bucket seats and looking for swapping it to a bench seat. (Family size got upgraded, it makes more loading capacity with 4 children)
Charcoal leather 2011 Explorer Limited.
Klaus

Jeromy DAmico

Reaction score
City, State
Aberdeen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer XLT
Hi Jeromy,

good to know.. is it still for sale?

I have bucket seats and looking for swapping it to a bench seat. (Family size got upgraded, it makes more loading capacity with 4 children)
Charcoal leather 2011 Explorer Limited.
Klaus
Hi Klaus. As much as I'd love to swap with you, I can only imagine the logistics and cost of shipping to you