Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I went ahead and picked-up a pair of matching Sport leather bucket seats today at a wrecking yard (a set that was factory-configured to accept the outboard inflatable seat belts), and I did the swap. It only took me about an hour, as everything bolted right in, and each seat's electrical connectors were a perfect match! Seemed easy-peasy, to say the least!

Now, I'm shopping around for the best deal on the OEM Ford GB5Z-78045A36-AB Console Kit!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations on being able to find the buckets, Bob.
If you are looking at new, it looks like Tasca has the best price with Levittown close. Levittown is a site vendor and does offer discounts to members.
If looking 'used', good luck. There are still a couple of wanted ads in our 5th gen For Sale threads.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, for the links! Unfortunately, I'll probably have to wait until sometime after Christmas to pursue this "finishing touch", thanks to having spent too much money around the holidays! Ha!

Merry Christmas to you and yours Bob.:dpchug:

Peter

Thank you, and back at you (and your family)!!!

Back