Return from Big Bear | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Big Bear

Just Letting you Guys know there should be a total of 10 Videos Now

Also, there should be about 200 pictures in my photobucket album.
I just loaded everything, so some are better than others.

Tell me what you guys think of the pix:thumbsup::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is my vote for my favorite pictures that i took.

DSC05698.jpg

DSC05751.jpg

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05789.jpg

DSC05795.jpg

DSC05796.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

DSC05809.jpg

I like this picture because the jeeps are all sitting around like, where do we go? and we just whip right through
DSC05840.jpg

DSC05845.jpg

DSC05878.jpg

...it sounds like we will be doing the gold mountain trail again in reverse starting at the rock gardens, sometime after the pismo run...pencil me in for that one too...;)
Pick a date, and start a thread so I'll have something to shoot for. I agree with Mounty though, would be sweet to turn it into a two day-er.

CJ, you definitely got more than a couple of great pics...:thumbsup:

I'm glad that everyone had a good time, and will gladly help to plan another run. I just won't be able to commit till the last minute since it's getting into the season for things to burn.

On a side note for anyone familiar with the Lucerne Valley area, the dinosaur house out on Luncerne Valley cutoff burned to the ground early this morning...:eek:...I know, I know, but it was a semi-famous local attraction...:eek:

CJExplorer you definitely got some *****in' photos/videos of this run.

Just how close was the dinosuar house to that mexican joint we frequent?
since i have no idea where this house is located.

And speaking of "Rock Crusher" i learn one thing while following PCola all day was not to follow his exact line thorough an obstacle.
:D :p:

this of course is evidenced in the above video of all of us coming through the rock garden.

About a 20 min drive north on 247, we were only about a mile away at one point during the Victorville run.

I can't believe that you guys had burritos without me...j/k:p:...was Tbars favorite cook there???:eek:

About a 20 min drive north on 247, we were only about a mile away at one point during the Victorville run.

I can't believe that you guys had burritos without me...j/k:p:...was Tbars favorite cook there???:eek:

ahh ok

Well you could have joined us instead of going to the high dollar rib joint:p:

And yes Ted's favorite cook was there:thumbsup:

...lol, does he have a sister yet...:p:

...just me thinking out loud but:
...i would like to hear when mounty71 is getting back and would like to plan in the middle of july...:scratch:...my thinking is with everyone hitting different trails in june, this will give us time to recoup and save up for the big bear run...maybe do a camping weekend of a fri-sat- and leave sunday???

...also, if kage would be available to lead if you get called away...i know the trails will be busier then and we need someone who could come up with some last minute decisions???

Good times it looks like there guys:thumbsup:... Sorry I could not make it:(

...but do you think you and the family could make it out, say the middle of july???

...but do you think you and the family could make it out, say the middle of july???

We'll see... I'll have talk the wife into it.... I had to go get the explorer smogged yesterday finally (3 mo. late:rolleyes:) so I can go pick up something very special tommorow;):D

Thanks Ted, I get back Saturday July 12th and start another summer school class the 14th. But i wont have class fridays so a friday-saturday thing would work, and let me catch up on homework on sunday. Other than that, i'm open to whatever weekend works for people. Also a mid-late july date would give those people going to moab and pismo a little time to recuperate their funding.

We'll see... I'll have talk the wife into it.... I had to go get the explorer smogged yesterday finally (3 mo. late:rolleyes:) so I can go pick up something very special tommorow;):D

Is your explorer going extinct tomorrow? :)

:DBoy you guy's are so connected. I finally got around to checking the thread tonight. Glad everyone made it home ok.

I got home at 8:45 and our guest had already arrived. They thought I had been in some kind of accident when they saw how dirty I was when I got home.;)

I had a great time but going for just one day is too much traveling. It took about 6 hour’s roundtrip. Next time let’s make it a weekend.

Thanks to Boomer for taking good care of us and never getting lost like some other trail bosses I’ve had. He got us back on time. It was nice seeing some old friends and meeting some new young ones that will be the next generation. :thumbsup:

Count me in on a weekend trip if I’m not working.

Here's a couple of my pics. We all took more or less the same.

Attachments

• Group Resize.jpg
    Group Resize.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 274
  • Resized Radiator smoke.jpg
    Resized Radiator smoke.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 294

finally loaded some pics...

BigBearmay08001.jpg

BigBearmay08002.jpg

BigBearmay08003.jpg

BigBearmay08004.jpg

BigBearmay08005.jpg

BigBearmay08006.jpg

BigBearmay08007.jpg

BigBearmay08008.jpg

BigBearmay08009.jpg

BigBearmay08010.jpg

BigBearmay08011.jpg

BigBearmay08016.jpg

BigBearmay08017.jpg

BigBearmay08018.jpg

BigBearmay08021.jpg

BigBearmay08022.jpg

BigBearmay08023.jpg

BigBearmay08024.jpg

BigBearmay08025.jpg

BigBearmay08026.jpg

BigBearmay08027.jpg

BigBearmay08029.jpg

BigBearmay08031.jpg

BigBearmay08034.jpg

BigBearmay08037.jpg

BigBearmay08039.jpg

BigBearmay08046.jpg

BigBearmay08051.jpg

BigBearmay08053.jpg

BigBearmay08054.jpg

BigBearmay08055.jpg

BigBearmay08056.jpg

...Cool...and so much quicker to load, and easier to see at 640x480...:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

...I really like the one shot from the rock capturing most of the group..:D

Edit: I see Harley in the middle of that shot too...

Sweet pics R.J.:thumbsup:, and x2 on the group shot.

It's only been a week, and I already want to go back!:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be camping up in the area (Arrow Bear I think) next weekend for a friend's b-day party. I'll find out exactly where we'll be but it would be cool if some of you can make a day trip out of it. One friend has an FJ that he just lifted, but has no experience off-roading, so we probably won't be doing any of the harder trails.

Back