Photos - Return From Moab 2004! Photos!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

BTW, Moab Off Road is in business and they were VERY helpful. We got the replacement spider gears from them. They even cut us a break on price.

I had some good help when my alternator pulley loosened in Baker Oregon. I just happened to have been gassing up across from a delco service station, and when I pulled over to have a closer look at the noise a guy from the shop came out, helped with the diagnosis, offered up the back lot to repair it in, offered up any tools I might have needed (didn`t though). Then he insisted I pull the alternator and bring it inside so he could tighten up the pulley properly with an air gun. After that he steadfastly refused any cash for his help.

Anyway, I`m starting to sort the pics, I`m not reducing anything because I`m too darn Lazy too, I hosted it off-site for now.

Here`s some from the Friday Run To TOTW:

Index TOTW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ld50 said:

Here`s some from the Friday Run To TOTW:

Index TOTW
Your pictures are incredible! Thanks for putting them out full size. Really makes me want to go there!

Al

By the way,

Sunday`s run?

Was that Klondike Bluffs?

Wondering what I should call that batch of photos

????

_oh yeah, I`m getting complaints about the size of the pics, obviously I don`t want to re-size individually, is there a program, or a way to resize a whole bunch at a time?

I may even be able to do it with my 'ulead photo impact xl ' program, but I just got it recently and haven`t found a way to do multiple resizing yet.

???

ld50 said:
. . .Was that Klondike Bluffs?
. . .
I`m getting complaints about the size of the pics, obviously I don`t want to re-size individually, is there a program, or a way to resize a whole bunch at a time?. . .
Yeah, I beleive you guys ran Klondike Bluffs

As for batch resizing I use http://www.picturetray.com/

BTW, your pics are awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks, I`ll check that picture tray out, looks perfect!

Okay, I`m rehosting them all at a reduced level, if anyone wants a fullsize of anything let me know where to email it.

Jim, how many days drive was it for you to get out there?

Thanks,
Al

We averaged about 20 hours travel time, including stops for gas and such.
13 hours to twin Falls Idaho, the rest from there to Moab. I suggest Microsoft street and trips or mapquest.com for directions.

And finally, some misc. pics from the trip down and back, with some Timpanogos cave shots, some truck posing at dead man pass (Oregon, I think), the bridge over snake river at Twin falls Idaho, shoshone falls, and some from canyonlands Park.

index misc

glfredrick said:
. . .Being able to shift out of 4 and into 2 low would be a great advantage however (Rick!) as one could drive around some of the trails without needing to drag the front axle as well. . .
I did all of TOTW in 2wd, with the exception of the one ledge (and only because I was being video taped. . .didn't want to get up there and spin a couple tires on tape)

I do agree that Lo is required though (just don't tell Alec :p ) Without it you'd overheat your tranny in a heartbeat, or be flying over obstacles out of control.

Here's the pics my dad took. Enjoy! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Moab 2004

Great photos! Ashli and I have made it halfway back to my mom's home in TX. We've still got a couple of days left for our honeymoon and now I have to spend tomorrow working on my Explorer :rolleyes: I seem to have managed to crack my front crossmember at the point where the steering rack bolts to it and now I have to figure out how to weld it sturdy enough to get us home to SC.

Our most hearfelt thanks to all who joined us to witness our wedding. This trip has been great and also blessed with some of the best weather I can remember while in Moab :)

Monday we tried to go to Ouray CO via the La Sal Pass. Bad plan; it was snowed in and by the time we got to around 9,000 ft, we nearly slid off the trail :eek: Since my winch system consists of straps, a comealong, and HiLift jack; what would be a 10 minute electric winch job turned into a 4 hour ordeal. This was not one of Ashli's favorite parts of the honeymoon, and as for me, I'm too dang old to manually winch my 5,700 lb Explorer off of the side of a mountain back onto the trail at 9.000 ft. I got my exercise for the next month already.

We'll post photos later on next week after returning home. Once again, it was a great Moab and thanks for the memories :)

16785Airtime.jpg

This was my close call for the weekend! Go Big or Go Home! :burnout: :roll: :chug:

goliath said:
Made it back in one piece. We had a great time. A big thank you goes to all that helped organize this trip. It was the best trip i have done with the explorer group.
I was just wondering... the pics you list as "steelbender" look more like metalmasher. We ran steelbender and it wasn't exactly the same trail. Did you mis-lable the trail?

Great pics in any case.

This was my close call for the weekend! Go Big or Go Home

Whoa! I tensed up so much watching that, I swear I willed you from flopping.
Like to see some video of it..

Na those are steel bender, I know because I ran those trails with him, jtx, and two tone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, I've been away from the site waayyy too long.

First of all CONGRATS TO GERALD AND ASHLIX :bounce: :bounce: You guy's were made for each other. By looking at the pictures I can literally say it was a match made in heaven. Those were impresive wedding pictures. Congrats to the photographer :D

I'm glad everyone had fun and was safe at the same time. Either the rigs are getting larger or Moab is getting smaller.
Awesome bunch of rigs.

Back