Return from SMORR | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from SMORR

I will be home in about thirty min. Just droped kelley off and wanted to post up.

Edit: Im now home. Ill find time to post up tomm. Got a lot of unloading and a little work to do on the explorer. (yeah i managed to loose 2 caps off the ujoint in the passenger side axle) :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what's up I'm Eric's brother. it was a absolute blast down there. Gregg did a lot of things to make it an awesome week. I will gladly wheel with an of you guys again.

i need to thank Mean Gene for helping pull my save my truck from the dam greedy trees.

i have to go clean of my dirty pig now and find and carnage underneath the truck

somebody had to prove us Mopars can keep up with you guys and out climb you ;)

Time to find out what carnage the mud is hiding!

I am going to have to work next weekend to make up for Friday and today. It was all worth it! Cant wait till next year!

We have to figure out a date where it is not the same as other meets and not after a major holiday as well. I am sure we can get even MORE people here.

Whew....Just unloaded 3 of the 37s and got them put in the garage. The truck is still packed. I have to run out today and then go to work at 1230 and work till 9 tonight. I have a vacation bible school all week so i have that to do today too. I am planning a big post as well as something for the Smorr guys. They were great.

Me and kelley had a great time.

Oh and Jon that drive was INSANE lol well it was not that bad. It took longer because we found a logans roadhouse in KY and i wanted something to eat. :)

The Incredible Journey

Left SMORR at around 11am headed to Kansas City to pick up a new rear seat to match my new leather front seats, thanks again JON, after getting lost twice in KC finally found the place and picked up the seat. Drove the whole way there and back sounding like an v8 grinder, due to an idler being jammed up, thats what happens when you go through a puddle that goes up to the middle of your doors, twice:D, made it home around 1230 monday morning lil man was still awake, believe it or not.
Would have to say the trip was a success all thanks to the efforts of GMAN and special sauce, a huge thanks to everyone for making it great for me and the family, Ethyn is looking forward to going back next time. he says he wants to drive next time though.
oh BTW Burns he told me to tell Kelly hi for him,lol.
Overall besides having to do some minor repairs and a little body work due to a tree getting in my way:D:D I would have to say it was one of the funnest trips I have ever made, the whole experience, night runs, the band, the knowledge pass down, etc.
I am putting in my vote for making this an annual EF event.

I agree was great event, should be an anual event, the park is very nice and clean with challenges for everyone. I was talking to someone with the staff that mentions there are plans to build a Lake, that would make that park go from 100% awesome to way past that!

it is good to hear that everyone is finally making it back.

Rodger, I hate KC. More power to you for actually going into the city.

MMM...Logan's RoadHouse

When we followed Brandon through snow MT. pass, it was a bit of a challenge, but when we turned up Disturbed, I think some of us got a little freaked out! Then going through cold MT. it was just as much a challenge. Turkey trot was crazy, it had to been a 4! When we took High MT. pass at 1 am, that was a trip! It had got washed out, and those guys with 46" tires just made it into a 4! We had no choice but to continue down. There was 2 rigs that was concerning me on this one. Matt, and Norm were in the 1st gens, with just 2" of lift on 31" TA's. Norm took charge and guided them down and no carnage was done! Now that was awesome! The look on there faces when we all met at the bottom was priceless! That night ride was worth every penny of admission.

PeeWee crossing was fun, and 80% did not use any bypasses. The only carnage was Jon, running over his antenna.

The Black Hole did amazingly well. I was very happy with it. I was able to do things that I wanted to, it wheeled like a champ. Never once got hot, ran nice and smooth, and the locker did its job. The BF KM2 MTA proved to be a worthy tire, grabbed and clawed its way though it all. The rock sliders did save me twice, on High Mountain pass.

If I had the front swaybar off, I am sure I would have been able to do more. I think I was limited a little by my rear shocks some, they reached full droop many times leaving my rear tires up in the air. I made it up the climb by peewee's crossing the first time up. That was a great feeling for me, after seeing a beast on 36" tires take 3 try's at it, and a 347 stroker with a lift on it take a few try's as well.

Things to do next are the gears, more skids, different rock lights. I need a different hitch set up, (have to have it).

Hey guys, I wanted to cover a few things here... First and foremost, I want to thank yall for having me included in the group. An excellent group of responsible wheeler's is a rare treat. I had a blast meeting and talking to everyone. Additionally, it really impressed me seeing what Explorers are capable of. The IFS rides by far surpassed my expectations. It was a perfect weekend! No one broke anything major to my knowledge. If I recall, besides my axle shaft (that would have survived under any one elses foot) the worst breakage was an axle joint on Burns' ride, and the front shaft on 88's ride. Several from the group had ask me about different mods I have on my rig and suggestions for their own. It will be cool to see what a years time holds for them. From the adrenaline and looks on everyones faces after coming down that hill at 1:00 am, and hearing a few say how fun it was I'd say some mod's are already being schemed up. LOL. I'm just a country boy, but if I can help with any figuring, or parts searching, etc... I'm more than willing. Just shoot me a message. Oh yeah... I think by next year I may be in a 93 explorer... Need to do some measuring, but if all goes well, she'll be sporting a 351 Windsor, 4 speed, NP205, 2 steering rockwells and 44's. If not I'll swap over my Dana 60's and 39.5 Iroks. Again, thanks for the hospitality and I'm glad to have made several new friends!

Yep highmountain pass, definatley could be rated level 3 instead of a 2, we went up it and there were some pretty rutted sections if i remember. Cause it had me thinking the whole time this is a Level 2 LOL?

And Mean Gene i absolutely dig your tow rig!, And can't wait to see if you do an explorer build, hopefully next year we can get a chance to run some trails together.

I found out that all the trails will be available by GPS for next year!!

That is very nice! I finally have a reason to buy a GPS now.

Any one want to go for the King of the Hills qualifier? I'm down for that! When I find out when it is, I will post it up. When the park has events like this, you can still wheel, just not the whole park.

soooooooo wish I was in that line up if all the rigs.

Bronco 2 guy- Thanks for the compliment. And It'd be a blast running trails w ya. Thats a very capable Baby bronc ya got there. And in such a short time! LOL.

Gmanpaint- Count me in on the king of the hills run! That'd be right up my alley. LOL.

k, i am home , i took it easy on the last part of the drive , and did a bit of shopping on the way home,, slow and steady , and rolled my odometer over to pass thew 347,000 mark,, total trip was 2187 miles,,

k, i am home , i took it easy on the last part of the drive , and did a bit of shopping on the way home,, slow and steady , and rolled my odometer over to pass thew 347,000 mark,, total trip was 2187 miles,,

Well its about time! :p:

Glad you made it home:thumbsup:

have not got the cameras and stuff out of the truck yet,, raining like crazy out,, but when it stops , i got a ton of photos,,

i am in the chat right now,,,

WOW is all I can say. What a trip. It was so good to put a face with all the names here on the forum.

Here are some stats on the trip for the Lime:

Total Miles: 1065

MPG Tank 1: 18.3
MPG Tank 2: 17.8
MPG Tank 3: 18.9

Broken Parts: Missing Front ujoint caps and malfuncting gas gague. :)

Over all the explorer performed great. I was a little dissipointed about my traction but that should change soon. It should have only take one try on the hill climb.

The wheeling was awesome. Friday night run was my favorite. Kelleys also. The park was amazing. From the campground, food, trails markers (AWESOME), and the great band.

Jon it was really good to finally meet you. (and sherri too) :) I really didnt want to have to leave when I did. We are going to meet up again. Even if its not for a EF meet.

Rodger your wife and son were great to have around the camp. He kept things alive in the camp. Tire crawling was my favorite thing he did. ( Oh and he kissed Kelley. She said he got her right on the lips lol )

Corkey man it was good to see you make it all the way down. Hopefully you can come down to other runs in the future. What a drive huh? :)

Greg man thanks for getting everything together. The grill was awesome. My steak and bake potato was great.

Mr and Mrs Zukman. You guys were great. I enjoyed getting to meet you two and talk to you. You did have some great tips and some great advice.

Everyone else: It was great to get to meet you and have some good wheeling. I enjoyed it all.

Here are a few of my pictures:
Group8.jpg

Explorer-and-bronco.jpg

Ethyn.jpg

Turdle.jpg

Heading-to-the-wash.jpg

I plan on coming back and so does kelley. (She wants a explorer :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back