Return from SMORR | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from SMORR

I was surprised that Burns did'nt bring rims with him and slap those on at SMORR . I knew he said that his tires were bad but did'nt realize how bad till i saw the pics :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was surprised that Burns did'nt bring rims with him and slap those on at SMORR . I knew he said that his tires were bad but did'nt realize how bad till i saw the pics :eek:

I wanted to but the truck needs to have the allingment done and plus the rims are going to be another 450ish so i had to wait. I carried my spare which was better than the one on the right rear that you see in the pic flexed on the ramp. I ran my spare on the way home just in case.

Great trip

Thanks for coming out all......sounds like everyone had a good time and that is great.
Hope to see you again soon,

thanks greg for all your hard work puting the event together.....

Take care all,

brandon
smorr
www.smorr.net

Hey Brandon,

Ill be having you something in the mail for everyone at your amazing place. You will just have to wait to see what it is. I will be getting it in the mail by the end of the week if everything goes good.

Rodger your wife and son were great to have around the camp. He kept things alive in the camp. Tire crawling was my favorite thing he did. ( Oh and he kissed Kelley. She said he got her right on the lips lol )

Hey kids gotta learn sooner or later.. :D

We are still out and about in this big and wonderful country. We will start our trek home on Friday, pick up the 91's new trans in Scottsdale on Monday, and then home. So who's near Scottsdale we can have dinner with??

Sounds like the JP Mobile was there in Spirt though:thumbsup:

I've also heard I'm spose to make a SMORR '09 Movie:D

yes it was and yes you are please

Am I the only one who thinks the song Snake Farm should be the video soundtrack?

Out of all the sets I just think it is fitting--:dunno:

yes it was and yes you are please

Am I the only one who thinks the song Snake Farm should be the video soundtrack?

Out of all the sets I just think it is fitting--:dunno:

I second that:thumbsup:

EDIT: Anyone find any hiding carnage? Best I have is a little moisture entered through a lock-out but it's already fixed. More maintenance tomorrow.

Hmmm... Hidden carnage... I think I have a new dent on the passengers side. LOL!

Gmanpaint- Count me in on the king of the hills run! That'd be right up my alley. LOL.

Great! it would be a blast to go to this! Might get a little wheeling in as well!

I found a dinger on the bumper, and some skid damage on the 94, a new scratch on the 95, but thats it so far as far as body damage. My drive shafts were loose on the 95, and i got a shock mount dent. The BBQ grill came out with no carnage!! lol!

I am having a hard time getting my roof cam movie edited :( Everytime I get about a 1/4 finished, the program crashes. I lose all that I have done, and have to start over! :banghead::censored::censored:

Snake Farm is the only song I did not get(changing dvd's) I will down load from original source when I get home

Snake Farm is the only song I did not get(changing dvd's) I will down load from original source when I get home

I can try to get an audio file of Snake Farm sent to you. Too bad we don't have video of that. Seems to be a favorite amongst us.

Suggestion:
it might be helpful if folks could title the photos as there uploading. especailly mugshots :D

so we know who's who in em. :D

hey Gene any extra passengers? (aka tree limbs or pencils ;))

LOL! yeah, had a few hitch hikers. One held on tight "stuck" in the door jamb all the way home.

Oh, and I can add one thing to the carnage list: I ripped my anti-wrap bar almost off the frame... That was the hideous clunking noise it kept making under "aggressive" accelaration. Good times.

Sorry it's taken this long to post up, guys, but it's been non-stop craziness for us ever since we left home...the Friday before Memorial Day! I hope to add more commentary within the week, but we're getting ready for ANOTHER trip this coming weekend: canoeing on the Eleven Point river!

What I'll say right now is that BethAnn and I had a fantastic time and it was great to meet a bunch of really great, friendly, helpful people. Thanks again to Gman for all the work that went into this as well as all the help he (and everyone else) was willing to provide.

bronco2guy: Yes, as everyone saw, I did lose a tire. It was on Moody's Revenge, marked as a #2. It is true that the recent rains had raised the difficulty level of most of the trails. We were following our friend Rick (the guy with the green YJ) up a hill climb. I lost my line and slid into a hole on the right rear. Any time I tried to make any progress the rear kept swinging further out to the right (I want a twin stick!). So he and my friend Chad who came out to visit hooked a strap up to the front and gave me a tug. Unfortunately, the stump I was hoping to put my driver front tire on wound up cutting a gash in the driver rear tire sidewall:

IMG_3625.jpg

Also shown is my breaker bar that broke trying to change it!

I wish I had taken at least one pick of Rick in his YJ. Maybe someone else got one?

Hidden carnage: I've had weak brakes for a while, and had to get the Ex in for an alignment. I had the shop check the brakes and they called later and told me that various parts in the rear (drum) brakes were bad: shoes-paper-thin, wheel cylinders--bad, other hardware either frozen (rust) or broken!

Embarassing pic--after the Saturday morning hill climb, Greg parked pointing downhill and said that his "transmission was stuck" and needed some help:

IMG_3621-1.jpg

Greg: if you delete the pic from the Photobucket account I'll just upload it to my own!

Gene: thanks for the rides! I know I said I'd drive for you a bit after you spent some quality time with corkey (Pete) but it just never happened. Hope to see you again soon!

Like I said, I'll post some more within the next week, and maybe BethAnn will, too. It has been nuts, lately, but hopefully we'll have a BIT of a slowdown next week.

ALSO: If anyone is interested, we'll be having a bonfire at our house a week from this Saturday (6/13). We have a few acres in the country and anyone we met at the run (and probably anbody!) is welcome to come and have a good time. If you're interested, PM me.

Updates later!

Thanks again, everyone,

Bryan

my vote

Snake Farm is an appropriate theme song I believe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Greg: if you delete the pic from the Photobucket account I'll just upload it to my own!

Sorry, I tried to edit it, and explain why I was on the strap, and when I was finished, it was gone instead of being changed. Can you just upload it again?

I had nosed down the top of the hill to get my roof cam a better angle to the bottom. When I shut off the engine, it lurched forward and got stuck in park. Burns backed me up to take the tension off, but he kept going after it was free. I really didn't have a choice in the matter..lol.

Back