Return from Truck Haven 2006 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truck Haven 2006

JStrider said:
cool... i'm usually there around xmas and some during the summertime... didnt even find this forum till right around this past xmas... definently gonna keep an eye in this section when i'm headed that direction...

We usually are out there for new years. Summers are way to hot. Usually it is Thanksgiving, new years, Annual run, TDS first weekend in march, and then sometimes one or two more runs in the winter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great shot Colin! :thumbsup: This could be a Avatar too..

What am I going to do when I have a Solid axle and I can't get these shots anymore :(

Stico_3.jpg

Stic-o said:
Great shot Colin! :thumbsup: This could be a Avatar too..

What am I going to do when I have a Solid axle and I can't get these shots anymore :(

Stico_3.jpg

Well it will keep us from always having to keep from getting you unstuck :p :D We might be able to get a few more trails in each day :D

i wish i was there. that looks sooooo fun.

RockRanger said:
Well it will keep us from always having to keep from getting you unstuck :p :D We might be able to get a few more trails in each day :D
ooooooohh... :D

Here is the bagdad video clip. It's two very short clips put together.

i have missed so many runs now by breaking my truck in between them that it actually hurts. i cried.

We just got home. Did 1319 miles this trip! :eek:

Here's a couple pics. I had a great time and it was awesome to meet all you guys and all your Explorers/Rangers! :p

Thanks Froader for letting me ride along! :thumbsup:
camp.jpg
rickmichael.jpg
froader.jpg

Pics from the stocker run. :thumbsup:
stocker0.jpg
stocker1.jpg
stocker2.jpg

The night pic is sweet man!

Wow what a drive that was. But an AWESOME trip!!! I almost didn't come out but I'm sure glad I did. Yesterday I went on the stocker run to warm up and have some fun and make sure the truck was up to the challenge. Thanks to Brian and Ray for touring us all around out there! Then last night I went on the night run with the guys...haha wow that was pretty fun and intense! I managed to make it through with only running into a wall with my front bumper, punching a hole in my taillight, and flopping over against a bank on the passenger side door. Window still goes up and down just fine and it closes perfectly so I'm fine with that! Oh yah forgot...on the way back from the stocker run I was looking in my mirrors to make sure I wasn't cutting anyone off and managed to run into a pretty good sized boulder with the driver's tire...launched that side in the air a little and stopped us. It still ran fine and the alignment wasn't too bad for our 650 mile drive home tonight but the rear radius arm mount is bent in pretty bad. Now I have to build a crossmember for it and repair that puppy.

Anyways I know Section525 has some good pics and video that him and my buddy Phil were taking so hopefully we will see more of those soon. Thanks to everyone for touring me around and to Rick and Char for hosting the run/potluck!! Got me a compressor now! :D

OK time to stop rambling and take a shower :)

EXPLODERPILOT- wazzzup man I thought you would be out there!!! You totally missed out on some sweet times dude, although people were camped in front of your jump :rolleyes: I didn't have anybody to run down the washes with!!! See you next time! :cool: :chug: :smoke:

Nice pic of me Johnny. I think all that SoCal heat was gettin to me. I'll do my pics tomorrow.

Nice pics. Was there any carnage on the stocker runs?

I think explorer2x4 ripped the plastic trim piece off under the doors and a small tweak in his exhaust pipe. Not sure if anyone else did or not.

RockRanger said:
I think explorer2x4 ripped the plastic trim piece off under the doors and a small tweak in his exhaust pipe. Not sure if anyone else did or not.

I broke my sway bar end link...

... while taking it off when the truck was still in the trailer. :p

A trailered vehicle on a stocker run?

...Hang on for a second, I gotta pull out my dictionary and look up "oxymoron".

Had a great time out there just too short as usual, definitely the best so far for me in truckhaven. Damage to the truck wasnt too bad, just cosmetic and easily fixable. And the new tcase pulled like a champ as opposed to the old 4405.

Thanks to Rick and Char for coordinating the run, to tdavis, rockranger and others for leading the runs, Stic-o for the tranny fluid so I could get up the steep stuff, and everyone for bringing some killer potluck food. Good to see all the familiar faces out there.

Here are a few short videos and some pics (hopefully they wont be too small)

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/5664/Picture 008.mpg

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/5664/Picture 007.mpg

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/5664/Picture 010.mpg

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/5664/Picture 011.mpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 006.jpg

JoshS bent the crap out of his radius arm mount on the stocker run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will put my pictures up tonite when I get home
Awsome time leila had alot of fun thanks steve for not scaring the **** out of her on that run and thanks mike for the awsome ride

Back