Rubicon Run -Loon lake to Little Sluice out Wentworth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon Run -Loon lake to Little Sluice out Wentworth

shawn.m

Reaction score
City, State
placerville, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco 2 with 92 4.0
First time on the 'Con

lots of fun needs lower gears
start of trip
IMG_5458.jpg

flex shot
IMG_5465.jpg

pulling a jeep off a rock that he high centered on
IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

granite bowl the crack to the right

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

Up the hill
IMG_5494.jpg

if your moving dont stop till the top
IMG_5499.jpg

trail spotting

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

will post videos tomorrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a great time! I know Char and I had a blast when we ran it with Tdavis:chug:

sweet bronco man! i always was partial to broncos since OJ! every time i see one parked in my neighborhood, i always fee like walking up to the door and asking if they would like to sell it.

sweet bronco man! i always was partial to broncos since OJ! every time i see one parked in my neighborhood, i always fee like walking up to the door and asking if they would like to sell it.

well I am only asking $2600 for this one - buy it and only use it for trails! your sporttrac is way to pretty for trails like rubicon, barret. You could probably do Strawberry.

I will post more of the videos that my wife took. They show the trail adn how hard it is pretty good.

I want to get back up there and do the trail. I think it has been 5 years sense I was up there. I have been all the way through twice to the little sluice once, then to the granite slabs and back out when mine friend blew his clutch up.

I would like to go to barret some time. Heard about it but have never been.

i posted pics in my build thread on my barret trip last year. It is under snow and may not open at all this year due to the snow. They are trying to open wrights lake campground as the snow is finally melted to the campground in most spots.
the problem is all the trees that have fallen

videos

sweet! love your bronco! is that thing street legal? i would totally buy it off you if i didnt already have four vehicles to worry about.

sweet! love your bronco! is that thing street legal? i would totally buy it off you if i didnt already have four vehicles to worry about.

smog legal 4.0 motor swap with BAR ref sticker on door. current tags on it right now. Gets 14-18mpg. Tags are only like $120 a year and insurance is $18 a month as I drive it less than 5,000 miles a year.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2481201844.html

After this trip My wife decided she likes doing the off road thing and wants to bring the kids along. So I have permission after this trip to upgrade to a 4 seater. :D

hey thanks Froader for fixing the videos!

Nice videos. What size tires are you running with that lift?

33"s measure out to about 31.5 on the vehicle with 8.5 inches under the front pumpkin

Back