Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS | Page 50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since I have the axle in-hand finally... I guess I can start my thread.

I bought this axle about a month ago from a guy in OR and finally made it around to picking it up yesterday. I watched as he actually took the axle out from under the truck. It's pretty clean.

1983 Jeep Wagoneer LP D44

The plans:
Rubicon Express leaf springs (unless someone suggests otherwise)
4.88s
Detroit

Then SOA the rear, add a locker, and 5x4.5 to 6x5.5 adapters (I heard they make them). So far I am thinking about going 35/36s BFGs or IROKs.

So.... any suggestions?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7,036
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7,079
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7,022

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

B2Dude got a perm.

Here's the shackles now.. and a sick ass photoshop of what they'll look like tomorrow/wednesday/someday.

Attachments

• b2dude.jpg
    b2dude.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 828
  • almost.jpg
    almost.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 858
  • almost2.jpg
    almost2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 827

That just would'nt happen to be a 8.8 carrier in the back ground??
I could use the locker out it. that would clean up your bench alittle;)

Yes it is and no you can't! :p: I finally found a carrier to work with that EZ. So it's going in mine as soon as.. I feel like tearing into the rear-end again. :D

spose I could borrow it when your done? I'm gonna build a skid plate for under the bumper, and that sure would make it look perrty!:D

I bought one.. 1.5". I should have bought a set (for about $300) as one is already $72 to my door. :eek: But anything for you, Stic-o. :cool:

Does the dimple die go in a press or what?

Yup. Once part of the die goes under the metal while the other goes over it. Use the press and smoosh them together. :D

flare_dies.jpg

I got mine at http://www.xtremecrawlers.com . Keith has all kinds of cool tools and ships instantly. :cool:

Keith has all kinds of cool tools and ships instantly. :cool:
x2 -- keithXtreme is a great guy.
Fortunately, I'm marrying him next spring. Woot!!

What did you buy, Wack?

What did you buy, Wack?

My blinging brake hoses -- stainless steel braid over kevlar :confused:
Of course some people think they look like garden hoses -- but they're just being haters to the cause
shock1.jpg

Well I think they're dead sexy.

Jefe.. what did you do for a rear brakeline?

Well if they weren't green. . .
Its my favorite color ;) I had no other choice. LOL but yeah they do look like mini-garden hoses.

Can you do me a favor and tell me your spring mount spring mount width? Also the width between our frame rails where we mount the shackle. I'd appreciatte it.

And Maybe an update too since it looks like someone is slacking off?;)

I reached the end tonight, and it seems it needs to be continued.... what happened?

Let's see.. Back in October I ordered IZ's green garden hose brakelines. Haven't installed them yet. Haven't really finished the shackles. Haven't started the truck more than 6 times in the last 6 months. :(

But there's hope. April is going to be my month. I'm going to swap in some 44044 front springs, throw on some Fox shox on the front, build a Josh S.-type rear shock cage, run some 37s on the black rock crawlers I already have, cut and turn the axle, and hopefully get the bumper(s) off so I don't rub at full lock anymore.

Okay, maybe April and May will be my months.

Get to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back