Section525's custom front tube "bumper"... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525's custom front tube "bumper"...

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I'm probably going to go ahead and get the front tube bumper built this weekend. I was messing around in Photoshop with some designs. But I figured I should probably get these ProComp lights mounted that I've had in a box for 4+ years. :rolleyes:

So I did a nice simple mount in about the only location I could get them without being in the way of the winch, too low, too wide, blah blah blah.

Now I just need some electrical guru to wire them up to my stock fog light switch. :p:

So who has some ideas for the bumper? I'm down for some photoshop jobs.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights3.jpg

Replaced the crappy cell phone pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know how I feel about going around the headlights. But I did save a pic I found on PBB the other night of a Toyota which I really liked.

Attachments

• 4runner66010.jpg
    4runner66010.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13,428

Brown Truck just showed up!

1" Dimple Die from Poly Performance! :cool:

Now maybe we should use this on the build? :)

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 3,566
  • securedownload-1.jpeg
    securedownload-1.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 3,609

I'm leaning towards something like this...

Attachments

• maybe.jpg
    maybe.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5,444

Don't you need to finish the back before you move on to the front, lol. I want to see how you end up mounting that rear winch.

The winch is actually going to be mounted to a crossmember which will go where the spare tire was.

attachment.php

I think I'm going to hack out the shock crossmember and build it into an all-in-one deal.

So the rear bumper is only going to house the fairlead. :cool:

One of the things you have to consider is: is this bumper going to make it more difficult to work on things under the hood? Cauz a stinger bar (or something similar) can make things difficult to reach - I had to basically climb and sit on the stinger to access some things on the engine (with my feet resting on the winch).

I'm not planning on that top bar running too high or protruding too far forward. But good point, IZ. Although this IS a five liter so you could virtually weld the hood closed. :p:

Brian, can you post the other pic you have of the Toy? If you have it handy.

I like the yota one, kinda like my bumper. :thumbsup: I don't care for the one you doodle J.:thumbdwn:

and to Iz's point I actually love mine for working on the truck, I can get up the and sit down on the tube.:p: Protects the headlights too, in the truckhaven notches;)

Dimple dies oh so sexy

Yeah, I've had a 1.5" die for many years
now and I've used it a lot for other peoples' trucks. But I was looking around the garage today and couldn't find a single thing i've dimpled. So I'll have to
change that.

Ooohh I like that! :p:

That yota is bad ass!

Or you could do something like this?

lights2.jpg

WTF is that?!!! :eek: look like azz, not you best work Colin:thumbdwn:

Just go fot the yota concept.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back