SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

That is a pretty big Maltese plane you got there :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heh, thats my old .40 sized great planes "big stick"
theres also a supersporstster hangin up back there as well.
i havent flown r/c in hyears, but i hung on to the 2 of them, and a j-3 kit

sometimes you just have to do it with some flare...

IMG_1114.jpg

got 3 of the 4 on... fan out of what i consider to be "good neighbor time" (not makin noise under someones apt after 10pm on weeknights) so ill have to do the right rear another night

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

fronts came out pretty good... they cover the tire, and most importantly even out the imperfections from my trim job, wich is really why i wanted em.... as for the rear i couldnt folow the curve all the way down on the back even with cutin mad releifs in it without puling it to far in towards the tire, so i eventually gave up and ended it a little higher then i intended, but it works...

IMG_1119.jpg

3" reinforced pacer flexyflares incase anyone was wondering

so it was june of 2008 that i put this thing on jack stands...

20 months later....

:D:D:D:D:D:D SHES ON HER WHEELS!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

IMG_1144.jpg

alright... i wanted that to be its own poast... i was excited....

i finished the flares tonight, and took the tire carier off.... speaking of, aparently everyone was right, that our body cant handle it.

IMG_1122.jpg

seams starting to pull apart where the floor meets the body panel. between that and the dent in the gate the new spare will wind up on the bumper

i also put the interior panels back in the rear and on the hatch, but thats not all that exciting, so no pics there...

since this was alredy brought up, i need to grab a battery from work to get it started again, and the rerar diff has no fluid in it as i still dont know where my cover is. was on backorder tll mid feb, so it should be here soon

also need to give it a good once over before it drives. bob only knows if i forgot anything

about dam time it is sitting on its on wheels again too bad its after i left the state

Lookin' sweet there, shorty :D Are you going to be able to get her out of the garage with the tires fully inflated?

I'm with everyone else, good job. Your truck looks great!

thanks guys

and spas, thats oficially a maybe at this point...

as it is the roof rack came off because i hit it with the door when it was on the jack stands, so were cutin it close

with the door in its normal up position its oficially a no, but i can hike the door up past that by a little bit and lock it in place with a vice grip, and thats a maby

Lookin' sweet there, shorty :D Are you going to be able to get her out of the garage with the tires fully inflated?

Funny, my brother did that once. I think I hurt my right kidney laughing. :D

Awesome job Jay! I started reading your thread from page 1 about 4 days ago and it read like a good book! Very inspiring! Maybe, after I swap in this new tranny, I could make a trip out there and we can see if I can't get stuck in somthin' with you guys! Cheers Bud!

alright, i know im known for the little things driving me nuts, and theres something thats bothered me about this truck for over 2 years now... tonight was the night to fix it

i screwed up when i cut the fender out for the snorkle. the front wasnt to bad, but the rear i absolutely droped the bomb

snorklehole.jpg

so tonight i took a scrap peice of sheet i stole from dad, and went to work on covering it up

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

yes thers other more important things i could have done with the evening, but this is one of those testaments to how much ive advanced since this projects inception. some things i know i can do better now then i did on the first go around, so they need to be rectified. this was one of em. much happier with it this time around

since everyone keeps mentioning the garage height (i still havent rolled it out, imma let it be a suprize the first time i go to drive it) notice the quick disconect for the cb antenna. the 3 ft fiberglass antenna dosnt clear the ceiling.

oh and btw btw 94~ thx for the get well. in the other thread

You betcha!:salute:

By the way... I was up all night checking out surrealNJ.com... freakin' awesome! That site is addicting as fiddle!

Looking good there Jay!

I DROVE IT!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

got out of work at like 3 or somethin like that today due to the weather and lack of work. ran home and got an insurance binder, then ran over to the NJMVC in lodi, payed 2 years of back registration because i never turned in my plates(oops). threw a battery in it, threw the stock diff cover on so i could drive it, new battery, and off we went

i did the alignment bu the ;):thumbsup: method... yea, the camber caster needs some work, but it drove really well regardless.

i poked around a bit. nothing major going wrong to grab my attn, witch is ****.

one thing that needs to be adressed is the t-case... i got hi, no low, so i guess i gotta mess with that, or preferably someone will cough up a manual shift and i can just do away with it

Congrats! I bet the feeling is unimaginable after the truck sitting for so long.

Heh looks like I caught this thread at the right time...congrats on finishing her up, looks great! Glad to see some more Jersey kids keepin the dream alive...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back