Superstition Mtn. ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Superstition Mtn. ?

I was thinking Wed, Thurs . . . but hey, I'll gladly take Friday off and make a week out of it. Nothing like using a vacation day the first work day of the year :p

I was thinking a two day trip. What's everyone up for? I'm basically free Wed - Sun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm out...

...we're goin to vegas for new years:D

..But you kids have fun!:thumbsup:

New Yrs Day and the day after (thurs-fri) would be good for me. Might even stay til Sat depending on what everyone else's plans are.

Re: I'm out...

Originally posted by Stic-o
...we're goin to vegas for new years:D

..But you kids have fun!:thumbsup:
Vegas?? . . man you need to get your priorities straight :p

Thurs-Sat sounds good to me

Vegas?? . . man you need to get your priorities straight

Vegas+ Hot tub Sweet + Wife + X-mas lingerie = :smoke:

Trust me I got them straight ;)

Have fun! Cause I know I will!:D

Originally posted by Jefe
I was thinking Wed, Thurs . . . but hey, I'll gladly take Friday off and make a week out of it. Nothing like using a vacation day the first work day of the year :p

I was thinking a two day trip. What's everyone up for? I'm basically free Wed - Sun.

Jefe, is your brother up for this?

I could be down there Tuesday night, and we can explore this place on Wednesday, thursday, head over to truckhaven for a few days..

Originally posted by tdavis
Jefe, is your brother up for this?

I could be down there Tuesday night, and we can explore this place on Wednesday, thursday, head over to truckhaven for a few days..
Not sure what he's up to. I talked to him about it, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Sounds good :bounce:

Originally posted by Jefe
Not sure what he's up to. I talked to him about it, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Sounds good :bounce:

I'm in! (Though from the look of those rocks, I think I need to twist Jefe's arm to weld me up some sliders)

Here's where the San Diego 4 wheelers camp when they do Superstition:
http://www.sd4wheel.com/superstition/SuperMap.htm
Its a little over an hour south of Truckhaven. I figure those are good enough directions that we'd all be able to camp there and find each other.

Looks like Tom, John(?) and I will be out there from Wed through Sat(?)

I think that we won't want to spend more than 2 days at Superstition, so the question is Superstition or Truckhaven first?

Dave, Bill, Felix, and anyone else interested: When are you planning on being out there, and which would you rather do?

Knock-on-Wood is a lockers mandatory trail (2-4hr run time). All the others are moderate w/ difficult and extreme optional obstacles.

I plan to be out there Thurs-Sat, I'm thinking if the people going out on Wed could head out to Superstition
Mtn. first...you guys have the lockers anyways so you can run the hard trails...then I (and if Felix goes) could meet you out there Thurs morn. run some trails for that day and head over to T-Haven. I figure it would be that much less driving when its time to go home if we end up at T-haven, whad'ya think? ;)

I'd love to go, but, 4WP has kept me waiting for my wheels, tires, and 4" lift for 2 weeks now. If I'm lucky, everything will be fitted in time for New Years, but, probably not...:(

-Ken

I probably will go out Thursday morning, and go home Saturday, skipping the T-haven part. :(

Has anyone found a link of a trail map?

I should have all of my parts installed by then. The wheels and tires arrive today. The lift, I picked that up 3 days ago. Once I bolt everything on, I'll need to test the whole enchillada. I'll see what the guys say, because THUNDERHORSE and his son Joel want to 'wheel their Explorer and J#*P real bad.

-Ken

Ok, I need an extra day here at home for some work I need to get done.

So I will be heading down on wednesday morning, which means I'll be there late wednesday night, and leaving Sunday.

If it's all superstition mountain, that's fine with me!

I may or may not be able to make it out during the week..if I can't, i'd be able to make it out just for the weekend. If you guys end up just doing Superstition Mtn. then I'll sit this one out and wait for the Jan. run.
I'll know for sure what my status is either tomorrow or Tues.

Well, I think I'll adjust to everyone elses schedule, and be out there Wed night, and heading home saturday evening or so

Originally posted by RangerX
Has anyone found a link of a trail map?
I've got a book, but haven't gotten near a scanner to scan the maps in. The waypoints are going in the gps right now. :)

PM me with your cell phone #'s where I can contact you in the event that I'm able to make it out on Saturday.

-Ken

Just for you Bill: :)

Superstition-a.jpg

I can't leave until Thurs morning, but I'll try to catch you guys on radio or cell when I arrive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be there Thursday about noon, but it looks like the place is small enough to be able to reach the group by CB.

Weather calls for daytime in the 60's and nights in the 30's-40's. Slight chance of showers on Friday.

Dave, you in? Tom, Jeff, John, see you there!

Back