DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Superstition Mtn./T-Haven Run

Anybody been to or heard of this place? Just got my Petersons 4Wheel mag and noticed in the calender of events that a San Diego off road club (Jeeps) is having a run there the same time the Serious Explorations run is happening.
The place is near El Centro somewhere and looks like it has trails of all levels. I'll see what I can find out online about the place, might be worthy of a run there soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did a search but not much info on the place other than how to get there.
The off road club putting on the event gives a description of some of the trails but no pics.:mad:

www.sd4wheel.com

I found this

there some of there earlier runs at Superstition with pics.the mtn.

There's some cool ruby pics with a video too.

I will go help check this area out. Let me know when to head down the moutian.

Felix...fix your truck first, then we'll go....lol.
Looks like it could be fun there.

I ordered the parts today, they should be in tomorrow. (Crosses fingers)

I'll volounteer to be the mandatory Big Dawg on the run. . you know, to show you all how its done :p

This Looks like fun ;)

Attachments

• supers3.jpg
    supers3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 331

I should have new gears installed in the new axle within the next 2 weeks. Atleast I will have 4.56 gears on backend. No more wasted trannies.

I will be more than happy to drive down there just so we have more trucks. Though I will have to call shotgun when the hard stuff comes round.

Oh yea, Dave I got my parts and will install them tonight. No more busted D35. Still buying parts for 2 different front axles sucks big ones.

is it just me or do those rocks look a little sharper then most trials around here?

hahahaha lets do it! bring your spares..........

Jefe will you be my designated big dawg? hahaha that just sounds funny. I am guessing you have been there before?

you know, to show you all how its done

Showoff!:rolleyes:

Oweee! those would pop my 31's nicely!:D

" Honey, I need new tires agian!":D

Originally posted by 410Fortune
is it just me or do those rocks look a little sharper then most trials around here?

hahahaha lets do it! bring your spares..........

Jefe will you be my designated big dawg? hahaha that just sounds funny. I am guessing you have been there before?
No, I haven't been.

Not only do those rocks look sharp, but from the writeup I read it sounded like the lead J@@p :roll: twice. :eek: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stic-o
Showoff!:rolleyes:

Oweee! those would pop my 31's nicely!:D

" Honey, I need new tires agian!":D
35's this time? :D
You ever get some skid plates? I've got my beefed up t-case plate sitting in my garage if you want it.

Good deal Felix...at least you can get it drivable again.
We should get a run going sometime after the Serious Explorations run.
Yeah, that trail looks steep and rocky, definate locker material there.

On the subject of fixing trucks...I just got my supercab window replaced today and over the weekend I popped out the huge dent I got from the near rollover at Big Bear:D I just folded down the jumper seat and gave it a few whacks with a 2x4 and pop! Almost looks like it was never there...well,
almost. Just waiting for my new steering linkage to arrive now, cant wait.

Looks like it could be some fun!.../intense:eek:

Maybe I should invest in a new spare tire b4 then:D . I took a look at it yesterday and there's a 2" slash in the sidewall. No safety seal for this one:(

Finally got a chance to look in the Charles Wells book to see what he has to say about the area.

On the Superstition Mountain Loop (rated Easy) there are two trails; Sand Dam Canyon (Moderate), and Knock-on-Wood (Difficult). Plus there are a few optional obstacles directly off of the Loop Wrangler Canyon, Jamie's Loop (This one must be yours 410 :) ) and Tow Strap Hill (all Difficult).

Knock-on-Wood is the 4th most difficult in the book. ;)

Looks like we could spend a good day there, and if we made it a weekend could spend the other day at Truckhaven. I've got the book and a GPS. . so lets get out there.

Anyone want to do a T-haven/Superstition run for New Years :D

I've got my beefed up t-case plate sitting in my garage if you want it.

Yes Please!

I got Plates. Just put them on last week. But always use stroger ones. I'm waitin for my dad to get 220 in his garage so we can build some sliders.

35's this time?

I can't go to 35's. My truck will not fit in the car port and I'm not leave'n it on the street!:mad: So I can go no bigger then 33's for now. If I had some rims, I could probbaly pick up some used 33x12.5 pretty easy. But I'll never find 33x 10.5's used. Too rare. :(

I know, I know buy your old rims! but no mas!

GRRR... Somehow the dude at Ford ordered the wrong parts. I wound up with parts for a 95 F-150 D44 TTB. I dont think the 19 spline washer is going to work on a 27 spline axle stub. Oh well they got the right parts on order now. They will be in Thursday, so it will be fixed that night.

Sounds good Jefe, I wouldn't mind as long as you got an open seat.

Originally posted by Jefe

sure.

Originally posted by Jefe

Good idea Jefe;) I'm game too.

New Year's Day is a Thursday....what days are we talking here? Th-Sun? I'd be in for some of those days. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My last day of work this year is the 19th... then I'm off till the 5th. So, I'll be going stir crazy here.

Back