jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
just checking interest. i'd like to setup a run to go up there. maybe overnight but at least all day saturday. anyone up for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested, but I can't see into the future as far as work goes, so I don't know if I could actually go. I will keep you posted though. Then theres the whole front diff I gotta get worked out. Hopefully start on that this evening or Tuesday though.

yeah josh good luck with the diff. hope its works out finally!

yeah, you and me both,lol

Definitely interested, too soon for a definite answer though, as always!:D Not worried about work, because I'm not, but I am concerned to see how school work will be...:rolleyes:

Can't do it

Nope..... Saturday is finally going to be the first day I will have a chance to once again R&R my complete rack and pinion assembly to put a new one in (I bought a used one but it leaks, so now I have to do it again :rolleyes: ) so I can't wheel this weekend.

Next weekend...... well, let's just say that if I take off and leave to go wheeling on Valentine's Day that would be an extremely stupid thing to do and would inflict personal repercussions that would be decidedly negative :)

bah... your whipped! heh. actually i just realized i will be out of town the first weekend i named and going out of town two weekends in a row is not easy to pull off. how about later in february? maybe the last weekend?

I say the later the better.

Where do you guys go in Tellico from? How rough of trails do you go on? I would be interested in late feb. if not to wild of trails. I hear it gets real rough in there. I still need to be able to drive mine home.

Most of us come in from Murphy, NC. About once a year, some guys from Texas come up, but I think they come in from NC too.

The more tricked out rigs take the harder trails, while the rest of us, stick to the moderate trails for now.

Later in February sounds good. At least that way it will give me a little more time to plan, and get my engine running right:(

hey, ill be in the nc area around the 14th. what town is tellico in?

awesome, ill be about an hour north of that. i guess ill see you guys there

i don't think there are plans to go man.. not yet. maybe later in the month.

Aight Jason, you keep tellin' me I should join y'all at Tellico. Frankly, it scares the piss outta me b/c I can't afford the body damage that you wear with pride ~ and the lack of sliders might be hurtin' me

Anyway, what kind of terrain do they have that us superstocks with 31.7" tires do?

the problem isn't getting through the trails.. its the fact that you are worried so much about damage and anything. honestly, if you are worried about damage in the least bit, you shouldn't take your truck out there. i've been in a group with a bone stock trooper (or was it a montero?) that had 31" mud tires and some "sliders" that were pretty useless if he really had to use them. he scraped and banged his way through trail 4,5,6,8 with us with only 1 need of the tug. and that was because he slid into a rut from bigger tires (it was wet that weekend) and got high centered. his skid plates and the rocks were good friends by the end of the day. his only damage was minor scratches from the bushes that rub against the truck from off the trail. careful spotting can go a long way.
if i were you, i'd come up next time we go and ride along for a while until you decide if you want to try it or not.

Jason, don't forget that that guy had to get winched cause he almost went over the mountain due to too much speed and a bad bounce.

Originally posted by Josh Adams
Jason, don't forget that that guy had to get winched cause he almost went over the mountain due to too much speed and a bad bounce.

I think he is talking about that dude haha...that was darn close.:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah same guy same situation. when he gunned it to get out of the ruts is when he jumped up and almost went over. he got out of the ruts into a bigger rut!

Back