City, State
Enola PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 xlt
ok so here it is I got sick of looking at this
100_4163.jpg

100_4162.jpg

100_4160.jpg

and did not want to spend almost $2000.00 to paint it so I figured I could use the money in other places like lockers and sas so I had to sand it first talk about a pain!!!
100_4165.jpg

100_4166.jpg

100_4167.jpg

100_4168.jpg

It took about 6 hours to completly sand and mask it off and wipe it done with alcohol to make sure it was clean then I started to roll on the new look
100_4176.jpg

this is what it looked like after the first coat
100_4169.jpg

100_4170.jpg

100_4171.jpg

100_4172.jpg

so while it was drying I instaled my add aleafs that only took about 1 hour which was great cause it was time for the second coat
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/yahtzee07/100_4174.jpg[/imh]
[ATTACH=full]196642[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]196643[/ATTACH]
and while the second coat was drying I painted the grill
[ATTACH=full]196644[/ATTACH]
this is the final product now all I need is some bumpers!!
[ATTACH=full]196645[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]196646[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]367952[/ATTACH]
what do you think????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first time ive seen someone bed line there truck herd of people wantign to but never have well it looks very...interesting

thats pretty cool :)
100_4180-1.jpg

not to hijack your thread but has anybody trimmed that plastic piece hangin down...radiator guard or whatever its called...i dont like how it hands down on mine (the pic is not mine odviously)

That's crazy. I hope it doesn't get real hot in the sun at summer time. Other than that, great job.:thumbsup:

thats awesome...

That's crazy. I hope it doesn't get real hot in the sun at summer time. Other than that, great job.:thumbsup:

It was already black so it should not make to much difference

looks like a stealth bomber.

thats pretty cool :)
100_4180-1.jpg

not to hijack your thread but has anybody trimmed that plastic piece hangin down...radiator guard or whatever its called...i dont like how it hands down on mine (the pic is not mine odviously)

that is my next project to move all of that up a bit not sure how much i can move it though

i just took mine off. you need to move the hard lines that go under it, i just moved them to the side.. i got a skidplate gettin made here shortly anyway..

i removed the plastic piece on the bottom of the radiator because all it did was hang there and collect mud it hasnt affected the cooling of the truck at all

Dude, awesome. I love it.

Your roof was a NIGHTMARE! :eek:

It looks really good, but where are your bumpers? You can't be riding around like that legally.

Looks good, no more worrying about shopping cart dings too...

What brand of liner you use?

That looks sweet, i was wondering what that would look like i was thinking of doing it right under the trim on the door..that thing must be able to take a beating now

How much did you end up using of the gallon for the two coats?

looks good

That's cool!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is sweet! I know what I am going to do now if my paint goes to hell someday.....

I really like the contrast on the grill! That's my favorite part!

It looks really good, but where are your bumpers? You can't be riding around like that legally.

I had my bumper off one day when I was sanding & painting it, because of rust, and the cops were staring at me...I'm pretty sure they would have pulled me over, but they had a guy in the back of the car:D

Back