The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

those are nice x's they look awesome lowered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oplitic, in your first post where you posted pictures, is that white color on the doors what was left behind when you removed the trim? I'm curious because i've considered removing it on my truck a few times. And is there an easy way to get it off without messing up the paint?

Not mine, but a buddy's from www.mysporttrac.com

LayedTrac2.gif

Pretty impressive tucking 22s

LayedTrac1.gif

On the frame rails

LayedTrac6.gif

Oplitic, in your first post where you posted pictures, is that white color on the doors what was left behind when you removed the trim? I'm curious because i've considered removing it on my truck a few times. And is there an easy way to get it off without messing up the paint?

That's just the double sided tape. At the time I hadn't had the time to take it off the rest of the way. Underneath it is the body line you can kinda see and paint. The two tone doesn't look all that good though. The plastic is to cover it so they didn't have to do a seemless job doing it. I don't care though cause I'm going to be painting it this spring.

Getting it started is the most annoying part if you're worried of the paint. I took a large screw driver and pushed it under it where the body line is and pried up. If you don't want to scratch the paint then I would use some semi hard plastic to pry. Strong enough to pry but soft enough not to scratch. Than a heat gun and a plastic edge of some sort works pretty well to take off the double sided tape.

I ran across this on youtube.. Not sure if its considered lowered :) and its not an X.. just thought it was interesting.. I don't think I've every seen an X do this, has anyone done this to an X?

i was hangin out with this dude in TN a few years ago his x would get like 2 feet off the ground with 1 switch hit on air. i got a couple inces out of mine before but ide rather just cruise like an inch off thr ground goin down the highway :) and as for that show X i have more pics of it on my site www.illusivefabrications.com under photo gallery and cleveland autorama. i would get a link but im really tired.

hydros, coil overs, ive seen first gens lower static dropped, but there people i used to talk to online a while back like when fxn and the EU were around

Most would say the front is hard to do on the 2nd Gen....but the rear is just as hard.

I have a C-notch in the rear..other wise 3" is about the MAX you could do...

Ryan

mines dropped 3 inches but im notchin th frame possibly this weekend then imma try to add another two inches

heres mine
normal_xpic1.jpg

but this one is lower because it has a chop top
normal_2006%20car%20show%20017.jpg

these were takin at a local fair near where i live
IMG_0030.jpg

100_0872.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_0862.jpg

chevy big block booooo:thumbdwn:
100_0858.jpg

100_0857.jpg

sorry bout the double post

Hey dont worry about it.. it fell off the back of a truck :D (double post deleted).

that x is bad ass, it is built in more of a drag racing sence than the mini truck sence though. i know the chassis was cnc bent by art morrison, deffinaly one of the coolest Xs out there. i just would have made sure it layed out haha. i talked to the guy in cleveland and showed him a pic of mine lol. its probably the only x out there with a chop top, and he used an excape rear window

I just now noticed it was a 4 door with the rears welded shut.

With a Chitty Chebbie engine to boot:mad::mad:

Why not a 514 FORD?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really admire the sheer amount of work that went into that drag/show truck, and I understand that the hood needs to be raised in order to clear the riser, buuuuutttt..... that hood is HIDEOUSLY tall! :fart: Anyone ever see it run at the track?

Back