16937MVC-017S.jpg

16937penny_backer_bridge.jpg

16937lv2.jpg

16937lv3.jpg

16937lv9.jpg

16937lv015.jpg

16937lv017.jpg

16937lv019.jpg

It has also been converted from an automatic to a 5spd standard with LUK custom heavy duty clutch, next serious mods are a 8 point roll cage 4.56 gears (5.13's would be nicer) and a pair of sliders, and of course finish all the other little stuff like relocating the battery to the rear and either using an F150 rear gas tank or fuel cell center mounted where the spare tire would originaly be mounted.
Purchacing the door hinge repair kit so I can make my doors removable. :wink:

Then I guess well see about saving for a winch.

16937inside12.JPG

16937inside13.JPG

16937rearmat1.JPG

Some other interesting articles about the build up and mods to the Nasty Hoe:

How the transmission conversion came about!

Turn Signal Mod and Tow Hooks

Removing 3" BL, just too tall & Death Wobble

Transfer Case shift motor issues, Brain's got the hook-up!

Wider is better

Navajo $1000
www.explorer4x4.com membership $30
315-75-16's $285
SOA perches $40
Lift from Iles4ever $400
Extended SS Brake lines from Robb $40
EB Wheels from GJarrett $150
4dr springs $35
front LSD from Msupertek $140
Herculiner $40
5spd conversion w/clutch $800
97' Celica GTS seats $35
New Motor $500
Optima battery $35
Ford/Mazda/JBL Audio system $free.ninty free/swapped with Explorer at work
Poneer 10" sub $free.ninty free/donation from a friend
Tinted glass $free.ninty free/swapped with vehicle at work
Lights and roof rack from Msupertek $free.ninty free
Grant GT steering wheel $free.ninty free/donation
Full brakes and front wheel bearings $100
Manual hubs from Broke Boy B$200
www.Rocknob.com $40
Hand throttle $12
Flow Pro Muffler $free.ninty free

total: $3882

I'm sure I'm missing somethings but you get the point.

Stuff like the 30-9.50 AT's, factory wheels, F150 coil spacers and lift shackles and other things were sold to offest/absorb thier cost or the cost of new things, so if I thought that is made a difference to add those I would but since they brought the monies needed to pay for themselves and other stuff it become a mute point to add them.

So the price is as it would stand for what it would cost if you were to buy a $1000 rig loose the oil pump, do all the machine work and rebuuild yourself including the head work so the price is mainly parts, convert your trans from automatic to 5spd and the lift and such.
I'm on a strict budget so I shop and barter whenever possible.

BTW you have no idea how much cheaper this is compared to racing. ;)

Happy Wheeling, Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Congrats Jeff !

:thumbsup: Congrats buddy !!!! Slickrock is a leg burner isnt it. :D Glad I did it first of November. You need to go down to Austin and check out Emma Long city park for me, I hear the trails are awesome. I'm sure the 4wheelin in the hill country is great but I dont know where any places are to go. When I get this new truck raised a little and get these 3.27s out of it I may have to visit for some 2 and 4 wheelin action. :cool: I still need to get down to ride Cameron Park, is that as great as I here? I got a genuine gear easy locker for the front of my 91 that I can no longer use if your interested. Yeah Moab :D 2005, probably in late May. Lets see, :confused: do we move the big day up a week or two, or have a 30 truck, 100 friend wheelin bachelor party?
Later David

Looks great Jeff. Congrats!

thumpa said:
Sweet Truck .. :exporange

Thanx, looks like you live mighty close to the infamious "Slabs" we used to goto about twice a month!

Attachments

• 0010001001001010.jpg
    0010001001001010.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 500
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 513
  • 06210017.jpg
    06210017.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 492

Great work, any engine Mods? I have a 91 sport that I want to modify and make off road worthy. What do you recommend I start with first? I am new at this and have a poor man pocket so any suggestions that you might have would be good.

Pete562 said:
Great work, any engine Mods? I have a 91 sport that I want to modify and make off road worthy. What do you recommend I start with first? I am new at this and have a poor man pocket so any suggestions that you might have would be good.

Pete,

I too am quite the poor man myself, and budget this project with nickles and dimes.
As for engine mods there really are not any, a conical filter replaces the air box and that's it.
I can't complain about the horse power or torque given to me in stock form, cause I have 3.73's which seem to be pretty good at least till I went to 35's, now I notice a big difference (time for 5.13's or 4.56's), and the other is that I really don't flogg my vehicle like it's a sports car.

What I can tell you though, is that this board right here is the best investment you can bank on!
The $30 I spent here to be a full blown member has paid for it's self thrice fold, the best thing to do is read, read, read and get a great idea of where you want your project to go and how you want to go about it and how much you want to budget for it.

And through this board and some of your local auto part store or salvage yards you can make anything possible.

I have documented more stuff here on the board, if you have the time you may/may not go back through previous post I have made and look them up, there is an automatic to 5spd swap and tow hook install, and sooo much more.

Enjoy and welcome to Serious Explorations! :D

Jeff - :navajo:

Looks great, nice pics. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

I take it that's your 9L svo in the background in two of the pics?? 85.5 or 86? how stock is it?

Sweet, love the transformation:D

can you list some of the part makers so that i can look them up im on a limited spend and that is what i want its almost in my limit

Here are some interior shots that I had left out.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 366
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 353
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 367

:confused:

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 296
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 301

Nice, I want my '92 XLT up that high

>Brandon<

hopefully by the summer ill have the 94 XLT up that high :D

Good Job, Keep it going!

Cheers

nice navajo you there svo and good job keep up the good work

my bad i forgot to put got there i forgot to add that. LOL keep the good work though

Nice Navajo. I did the auto to manual swap too on my navajo. Sorry, but your mask is lame.

Quick question- do you like the interior w/o the carpet? I have been thinking of doing that for some time. What did you do with the wires on the drivers side? Do yuo have a mat in the rear?

Thanks,
Kirby

Kirby N. said:
Sorry, but your mask is lame.

Quick question- do you like the interior w/o the carpet? I have been thinking of doing that for some time. What did you do with the wires on the drivers side? Do yuo have a mat in the rear?

Sorry Kirby,

It was halloween you know how that goes.

As for the no carpet thing, as you prolly noticed I burried the truck in the river so seats, sound deadening, carpet all smelled like rotting arse and had to be removed.

Do I like it? Well I don't have to vacuum it every weekend infact I havent had to clean it period.
As you will notice in the back the rubber floor covering is a bed mat out of a 1992-96' F150 Flareside that no body wanted and I laid in there, it actually keeps the studs for the back seat from poking into my air matress when we go camping.

As for the wires, they just are sitting there like they have been, they don't get in the way nor move around.

Again, THANX EVERYONE for all the great comments

Back